Where is everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is everyone?

Happy New Years Eve everyone Have bk's slowed down so much that it is rare to see any postings? I'm excited....about to start the 12 month final countdown is my 100 percent, chapter 13 (5 year plan)
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Hi Sophieanne. Happy New Year. I don't know where everyone is, but it seems like since the new software install, the posts have dropped off. Congrats on your final 12 months. I will be delivering your Hamster Dance before you know it!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Definitely a lot less activity around here for both those who have filed and the pool of experts here. Checking my court's weekly schedule, I see little let up in cases filed, but the slow down here is probably due to the many who have filed 13's during the great recession of 2008-11 are done and have no use for the forum other than giving advice to new and current filers. Maybe they just want to put their BK years as far behind them as possible and don't need reminders. But it is a little weird that there have been less newbies here in 15'.

Happy 2016 to all and for you Sophie, hope the final year goes well! As for me, three years remaining.

Comment

The major reason is that email notifications are now broken for the majority of people. I had email notifications until the last upgrade. Now, I must remember to check the site and find threads in which I participated. It has definitely slowed me down.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Technology...what a concept. There's so many people I want to hear about/from. Hopefully everyone remembers to check in.Switch, you too will be at the 1 year mark before you know it
          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Still here! I try to check on the new posts at least once per week. I guess I am a "Lurker". Not a whole lot of knowledge here, just my personal experiences.

Comment

Personal bankruptcy filings have dropped by almost half since 2011. http://www.uscourts.gov/news/2015/04...own-12-percent But, I think that only partly explains
              the lack of activity here. The email problem Justbroke mentioned, which probably includes difficulty getting new members registered, is more likely responsible for the recent decrease in activity.

Originally posted by MD69107 View Post
              Not a whole lot of knowledge here, just my personal experiences.
              Personal experience along with reading here is how some of us who many may view as "experts" gained our knowledge. Don't be afraid to jump in and help people based on your valuable experience.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by MD69to107 View Post
                Still here! I try to check on the new posts at least once per week. I guess I am a "Lurker". Not a whole lot of knowledge here, just my personal experiences.
                Please do stay around to help. Everyone's situation is unique, and yours may be the guide that helps someone else. Thanks!
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I talked with my bankruptcy attorney, and he said filings are 'way down' (less than 10%) of what they used to be in our area. This might have something to do with these boards being a lot more empty.

Comment

all up and running

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X