world's most dangerous cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

world's most dangerous cheese

Well, ok; I read an article today on a news site about the world's most dangerous cheese. Good thing I wasn't eating at the time. Just sayin'. It was interesting to read but yknow, if I was offered to try it, I would have to bite my tongue, then politely say, no thank you... I'd rather live... Anyway.

I would neither try durian nor pufferfish. The former is smelly and the latter is, well, deadly. I'm just not adventurous with my food. I'll stick to my fear of murder hornets, aliens, and mysterious monoliths appearing in the wilderness.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Being a major cheese fanatic… Your post intrigued me. What is the worlds most dangerous cheese?
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

• Zombie13
        Zombie13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, what justbroke said below. It was kind of unsettling so I wasn't sure if I should go into detail LOL!

Ummm... casu marzu, a maggot-infested cheese that's illegal to buy or sell in Italy. They lost me at maggot-infested.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

• Zombie13
        Zombie13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, exactly... hurgh...

This thread reminds me of my trips to Taiwan...

The folks I was working with over there quickly discovered I'd eat pretty much anything; one night we went out to a high-end restaurant and the loosly translated name of one of the "delicacies" on the lazy-Susan was "Stinky Tofu". Basically they'd take a brick size block of tofu and sprinkle some, I don't know, "enzymes" or "bacteria" or something, which causes the tofu to begin rotting. When they deem it ready to be eaten, the brick of tofu looks like Swiss Cheese sitting in a pool of liquified tofu due to the decomposition.

Anyway, my turn came, I scooped out a shivering blob of tofu and took a bite and said, "Folks, something in that bowl died!"

Everybody around the table exclaimed, almost in unison, "Exactly! Isn't it wonderful?"

To the smell, yeah, I think I've been in outhouses in August which smelled better.
      Latent car nut.

Comment

• Zombie13
        Zombie13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh wow, you are more food-adventurous than me!

OK… I get what I deserve for asking… No cheese for me for the next month… LOL… Happy Friday everyone!
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

And here I thought that the French had the foulest (Vieux-Boulogne) and runniest (Cancoillotte) cheese on the planet.

Comment

• Zombie13
          Zombie13 commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds familiar; I tried some cheese at a French group meeting that smelled like dog excrement; maybe that was it. Couldn't handle it. One of the other folks commented though: "it has such a wonderful complex flavor and odour". Uh, yeah... ok... enjoy, knock yourself out!

• justbroke
          justbroke commented
          Editing a comment
          That was likely this "stink"y cheese.

mmm durian is pretty tasty, but yeah I know some hotels in asia won't let you enter the building if you're carrying the fruit in a bag. Love to eat over fermented and aged things ... but that maggot one ... i don't know, I wanna see others eating it first
        www.BankruptcyForum.com

Comment

• Zombie13
          Zombie13 commented
          Editing a comment
          hm I might try that if given the chance but I dunno...

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
        OK… I get what I deserve for asking… No cheese for me for the next month… LOL… Happy Friday everyone!
        LOL right?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X