New to Chapter 7 BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question New to Chapter 7 BK

Never thought I would need to do this, but I think Chapter 7 BK is what i need for a fresh start.

Then, the next step is to start reading everything on the topic. Start with nolo press.
    if it starts to look too complicated, go get a consult with a bk attorney….it should be free.

the first thing you need to know is if your income puts you over or under the line. Over, and you cannot file chapter 7.

when I first came to realize that bk was my only choice left, I spent 2-3 months educating myself. The attorney that I talked with wanted to push me into chapter 13… but, I already understood that I could go chapter 7

next, I had to figure out if I could keep important assets…could I exempt them.

take some time to learn and get one or more free attorney consults

Comment

bmoon... Welcome to BKForum!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Welcome! And it is not true that if you are over the median income you CANNOT file Chapter 7. You can, if you meet certain requirements, often called the "means test"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X