Having Lapband Surgery!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having Lapband Surgery!!!

Well, now that I've "rehabed" my financial situation over the last 3 years (Yes, it has been three years since I filed!!!!! I can't believe it!!) I've decided to take charge of my weight after years of battling.

So, on Nov. 20th, I'm having lapband surgery.

I've very excited and hubby is very supportive.

I'll keep you posted and will put up some before and after pictures a few months down the road!!!!
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

OOO good luck! What I wouldn't do to be you on Nov. 20th!
    Insurance won't pay for a dime of it, and since I'm here, we obviously can't afford to cash it either!
    Eventually it will happen.
    But grats, good luck, and rock on to you!

Comment

Originally posted by CindyLou View Post
      Well, now that I've "rehabed" my financial situation over the last 3 years (Yes, it has been three years since I filed!!!!! I can't believe it!!) I've decided to take charge of my weight after years of battling.

So, on Nov. 20th, I'm having lapband surgery.

I've very excited and hubby is very supportive.

I'll keep you posted and will put up some before and after pictures a few months down the road!!!!
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Have you checked out any forums? There is a GREAT lap band forum at obesityhelp.com... I'm on there as "gemintherough" but I haven't posted in a while. I was always a bit chubby growing up, but not obese... Then, I had my son and I couldn't get any weight off. I decided to go for the surgery last February, but I lost my job and my new job's insurance has an exclusion policy for weight loss surgery... even with co-morbidities like I have. I'm hoping that in three years if I haven't found some miraculous weight loss solution, that I will be able to get medical financing, or my dad may be able to help me sooner. Good luck on your journey. It's a lot of hard work but totally worth it in the end. Kind of like bankruptcy in that way.

God bless,
        NIDII
        Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
        Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
        60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

Cindy,

I am glad you are taking control of your weight issue!! You are going to have a much longer life because of it. Please let me know if you need help staying motivated to eat healthy and exercise. I have sturggled with my weight for most of my life and about 3 years ago, I figured out how to keep it off.
          Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
          Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
          Discharged April 2012

Comment

Congratulations Cindy,
            I had my lapband 2 years ago tomorrow, have lost 109# and feel amazing. Good luck to you.
            Filed 2/3/09
            341 Meeting 3/31/09
            Motion to value 2nd hearing 5/7/09 motion granted
            Confirmation hearing 6/4/09 - CONFIRMED

Comment

Congrats Cindy!!

I can't wait to see pics. Good luck!!

Comment

Congratulations and the best of luck, Cindy! I have two friends who have had the surgery and are now much healthier, prettier and happier.
                BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

Best of luck to you CindyLou! I work with someone who had it done last year and she is a different person physically and mentally. She came from a long line of obsesity in her family and was developing high blood pressure and had pre-diabetes. Dieting and excercise just did not work for her. I saw her go through it and while it was difficult at times for her, she said it was worth it. Know there are risks involved and it does not always work so do your homework and protect yourself and start planning for that new wardrobe! :-)

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Thank you all for your support. The bad news is that my health insurance doesn't cover it at my weight. I would actually have to GAIN 30lbs and keep it on for over a year! Pretty screwed up, huh? So I"m doing out of pocket.

But good news is, my credit union approved me and we have managed to keep our debt under control since bk and we are able to afford it. Plus, for health, there is really no price.

I'll post my befores and afters in a few months, as I'm hoping to drop at least 40 lbs before my Bday in march and the other 40 in the year following!

My doctor has a pretty good forum website and I've also visited obesity help.com

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Best of luck to you Cindy!

I've always tossed around the idea of lapband/gastric bypass. I weigh quite a bit, almost 400 pounds, and I would love to lose the weight.

My insurance doesn't cover it either, otherwise I'd be there in a second.

Good luck to you! Can't wait to see pics!
                      Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
                      341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
                      Last day for objections: 7-14-08
                      Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

be sure and keep checking with your insurance. many times they will add it and not tell anyone!

Comment

Just finished day 2 of my preop diet.....and I'm hungry as all heck!!! They want me to lose 5% of my body weight in 3 weeks! Ha!

We'll see!

Comment

congrats to you! i say if its going to make you feel better about yourself and be healthy i say go for it...when i had money i treated myself and got a boob job!
                            retained lawyer june 08, filed may 09....341 on 6/26/09- went smooth! Glad to be part of the 60 day club .... AND- 6/27/09- got engaged
                            10/30/10- WEDDING!!
                            09/04/09-discharged!!!

Comment

My surgery is in the morning!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X