No announcement yet.

Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In HI, almost a year ago, we were paying just under $4. Now, on a military base in LA,we're paying $3.80 for reg. It went up like 0.20 overnight...
    Filed CH7 - 10/13/05;
    341 Meetings: 11/28/05, 3/20/06, 12/4/07 (3d time's a charm!)
    Converted: 2/15/06 (to CH13), 10/15/07 (Back to CH7)
    DISCHARGED: 2/15/08

Comment

Yesterday at ARCO (cheapest gas in town, cash or debit card only), $3.33 for unleaded. Northern CA.

It was $3.23 a week ago!

Comment

I live in Southern California, the Shell up the street from me has Regular for $3.54.
        Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
        Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

Cali's i guess can expect $5 + this summer, SoFla around $4.30 is coming
          "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by robivi3 View Post
            You think it will get that high? I think CA will max out around $4 this summer but I don't know. Last summer it went up around Memorial Day and stayed up until late fall. But the rises started to slow about mid-summer.

I wish we had the money to buy a Hybrid. We just bought a new car last weekend. We looked at the Toyota Prius but there was no way we could afford that car right now, not even with the gas savings. I think the prices of Hybrids will rise this summer right along with gas.
            Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
            Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

During the 90's it would be .99 to 1.09 up until June, then it would peak at $1.25 and go down. The local news is saying peak here may be around $4.30. You guys always seem to get screwed, pardon the owrd, first, then us. We watch Cali to know what's coming, the states move in the same direction with Florida following when it comes to getting the short end of the stick. We seem to pay for every natural and national disaster straight from the wallet. Our recent lie, a HUGE property tax cut promised by our newly elected Governor, hahahahahahahahahahahaha!
              "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by robivi3 View Post
                Originally posted by DisneyGirl View Post
                You think it will get that high? I think CA will max out around $4 this summer but I don't know.
                You never know. All we need is another big event to escalate an already bad situation: hurricanes, tensions in the middle east, you name it. Just about anything these days will push up the price of gas. They might as well just put an "INCREASE PRICE, PLEASE" button on the gas pumps. Then at least they wouldn't have to make up excuses.

Comment

Gas prices are already $3.00 in some places in Ma!!!
                  The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I will be trading in the 4Runner ASAP for a celica...got the word Friday that my case is done!

I can not afford $4.30 per gallon when I only get 15 mpg...this is ridiculous!

We'll all bk again!
                    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                    Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

I work in Martin county but live in Jupiter, there is a Hess in Palm City that has regular at $2.89 per gallon as of last Friday, I will be going to get more gas today so we shall see if it's gone up. The gas prices where I live in Jupiter are over $3 a gallon for regular
                      Paperwork turned into attorney 7/10/07

Comment

Don't forget the gas strike

Comment

WooWee!!! The gas prices are skyrocketing like crazy!!! I'm glad my commute back and forth to work each day isn't far! :-) I feel so bad for all the extreme commuters out there. It's very sad that we have to pay artificially inflated prices for gas, when there isn't even a shortage of fuel, or increase usage of it!
                          The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
                            WooWee!!! The gas prices are skyrocketing like crazy!!! I'm glad my commute back and forth to work each day isn't far! :-) I feel so bad for all the extreme commuters out there. It's very sad that we have to pay artificially inflated prices for gas, when there isn't even a shortage of fuel, or increase usage of it!
                            It is certainly nuts!

I really am trying to decided on what to do with my 4runner in re: to gas prices going up & up...it needs brakes, oxygen sensors...but only gets 18/gal. I was thinking maybe now of looking at the RAV 4s...I don't want to lose being up high as I like that, but I don't want to have a major car payment as well as gas budget?
                            Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,

Comment

Originally posted by AMISLANDER View Post
                              It is certainly nuts!

I really am trying to decided on what to do with my 4runner in re: to gas prices going up & up...it needs brakes, oxygen sensors...but only gets 18/gal. I was thinking maybe now of looking at the RAV 4s...I don't want to lose being up high as I like that, but I don't want to have a major car payment as well as gas budget?
                              A four cylinder car, with a manual transmission will probably be the best way for you to reduce your fuel expenditures. But again, if you have to commute for excessive miles on a daily/weekly basis...you'll still be spending money on gas--but a little less. You could always look into getting a Hybrid, but they aren't cheap right now.

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
                                A four cylinder car, with a manual transmission will probably be the best way for you to reduce your fuel expenditures. But again, if you have to commute for excessive miles on a daily/weekly basis...you'll still be spending money on gas--but a little less. You could always look into getting a Hybrid, but they aren't cheap right now.
                                My job is 20 miles round trip...about average, I think. That's about a gallon of gas a day right now...3.20x5= $16 per week just on gas to/from work.

I do live downtown Sarasota & can walk to everything...so that helps.

Just plain confused....the Ravs get about 25/city...certainly a bit better...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X