Is Man-Made Global Warming A Myth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Man-Made Global Warming A Myth?

I would like to hear what other people have to say about this matter.

The television news is so biased that they won't even consider the possibility that the whole thing is a myth and they want us to lower our standard of living without having any open debate about the matter.

We all know that ice ages have come and gone in the past, and what I would like to know is what caused the ice to melt back then when there were no cars and no factories?

How do we know for certain that the same thing that caused global warming back then is not what is causing it now?

What if it is just a solar cycle which we can't do anything about? Are we supposed to give up our standard of living even if it accomplishes nothing?

Climate changes naturally over time. For example, look at the Petrified Forest in Arizona. There was once a flourishing forest there with tall trees, and now there is nothing there. How do we know that this isn't just a natural thing and fighting against it is like trying to hold back the ocean tide with a broom?
    The world's simplest C & D Letter:
    "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
    Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

It's a religion.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I am not sure if it is man-made or not. I do know having a brown cloud hiding the skyline is not good warming or not. The smokestacks from coal plants also contribute to acid rain which is not good. I don't think pumping those emissions into the ground is the answer - what is it going to do to the ground water?

I don't think we should just give money to poorer countries to help them pollute less. They might use that $ for something else. We could assist in building cleaner plants for them.

I do think building windmills where viable, and making solar panels/shingles standard in homes along with grey water systems, etc should all be the rule instead of the exception in home building.
      March 2009 - Filed Ch 13 April 2009 - 341 Meeting
      Sept 2009 - Confirmed April 2014 Plan completed May 2014 - Discharged!!

Comment

In answer to your question - Yes.

And as always...... follow the money.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

One day for sure mankind will no longer stumble around on this planet. It's a fact, the earth will change again as it has been changing for millions of years. The living things (man or beast) on it will either have to evolve or Parrish from it.

If you believe in the whole Mayan thing we only have 3 years left anyway. (12/21/12)

I see proof that the Ocean's are raising. Just a few years ago the pacific had a lot more shore line then it does now. The pacific has claimed a lot of HWY 101 already.. and it's taken more every year.

In reality is there anything we can do to stop it, or change it? Not likely. Would it had happen anyway had man never existed? Yup, with out a doubt. Did we speed it up a little bit?? That seems to be the question, but science is science and the earth changes.

Our sun is changing and we had nothing to do with that. Our moon is moving away from us at a rate of a couple of inches a year and we had nothing to do with that. BUT.. I am sure if a group of people could figure out how to blame.. oh lets say people who drive Hummers, or paper factories, smog or cow farts, or what ever... they would.
          In a perfect world every dog has a home, and every home has a dog.

Comment

JMO, its just a revenue generating opportunity...as frogger states: Follow the money.
            Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
            Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

It is man made and animal made.. and a bit just simply because we are the planet earth too, I think. But man is the only one smart enough to control their use of fossil fuel, so we should be looking out for overselves. The pluses would be not being depended upon foreign oil ever again, which should curb terrorism. Since they know we don't have enough oil here, and since we are not sure how much damage we are doing, and since we can CREATE jobs HERE with green energy like windmills and solar and even nuclear, why not??? Why give the middle east the money??? The planet has wiped out other species, so why not us too? The dinasours ate too much and destroy the planet, maybe we are runing it too and it will have to change again. The whole thing to me is not so much about if we are warming, but about bringing the jobs home, and stopping terror.

Comment

Yes, I already did ask about this similar subject on another thread of what people think of global warming too. My same sentiments to what you are saying or questioning about our planet and it's cycles. The documentary that I saw on tv favored the data that says global warming is really happening, and the way they showed the plight of the polar bears is very alarming. But, then again, my mind goes to what you have stated about the earth going through melting cylces among other changes. So I am interested in anyone's take on the subject for sure!! I do think people speed up the process so any way we can slow it down would be great. BUT, people could get in the way of nature and it could backfire and accelerate the cylces. Big problem.
                (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
                :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Global warming is not a myth. While there are cyclical changes in the earth's climate since it's creation, earth never before experienced the industrial revolution which started it all back in the 1800's with the burning of coal for power to the modern fuels of today. Think of what all that has done to earth's atmosphere and what it will continue to do. Any changes resulting from that are man made and not a natural earth cycle. THink of the tons of pollutants that have been spewed into the atmosphere...National Geographic is a fantastic channel to watch for what will happen to the earth over the coming centuries and what has happened to the earth since it's beginning. We are all just a blip in time and speeding up the extinction of animals and eventually humans from the earth. NatGeo has a marvelous series going on now about the earth...Not too many of us know that a six mile high sheet of ice once covered New York City and prior to that the area was a huge mountain range. It will eventually become that huge mountain range again as the earth shifts. We all need to start learning what we do has an impact on this planet, our lives and all the lives of the animals and insects or other life forms that we share the earth with.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

All it's going to take is a little larger solar flare from the sun, and this planet is going to become Mars like real fast. The sun does more damage to our ozone then mankind ever did or will do.

The greenies want to use the science of the man caused myth global warming, but they don't use science in it's totality. The fact of earth is changing on it's own, it has since it was just a bunch of rocks in space. The earth, the sun, the whole universe is a ever changing violent place.

Enough of the myth (and other factors) already caused the government to force the use of E-10 in our gas for our cars. THAT myth is causing more trouble then anything. Auto's getting on the average 2 or 3 miles less per gallon. So, people fill up more. The oil companies are still laughing over that one. So what did that solve?

Comment

Man-made global warming is not a myth. Although there are people out there who would like everyone to think so.

It is arrogant to think that all of the pollutants that we are putting in the air is doing nothing to environment. Would global warming have happened anyway? Probably. But we are speeding up the process. How much remains to be seen.

Comment

Global Ice Tea sounds nice about now.
                        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                          Global Ice Tea sounds nice about now.
                          Make mine long island style! **Cheers**

Comment

It's hard to say since both sides have their share of liars.

I bet there are some that are unemployed or homeless that used to have health insurance and retirement plans that wish they were working in a dirty factory producing smog while building an suv blowing more carbon monoxide into the ozone.

The point is careful what you wish for.
                            The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

There is simply nothing we can do about global warming. Mankind's influence to date is less than a single volcanic eruption, so though we may have had a slight impact in the overall scheme of things it hasn't been much at all, less than 1% of the climate change could be attributed to Mankind.

The earth has for as long as time has existed gone through various periods when it has cooled (to a snowball earth effect several times) and warmed.

99.99% of all species that have ever arisen on this world are extinct. Thus the scientific conclusion would be that at some point this world will become uninhabitable to man and thus it might be a better expenditure of our resources to figure out how to safely leave this world that we might survive.
                              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X