top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you come up with your Username? Your avatar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, these responses are so great! I really was curious about posters Usernames, and how they arrived at them, and hope we get many more responses. i am keeping my finders crossed that Des will come and play, because his name is the most intriguing to me. What does it mean? How do you even pronounce it? Is it something simple like a personalized plate that confuses you and eventually you go "Oh, I get it!"? Thanks for the praise Hub,

'Emo, yours is a perfect example of the license plate theory .. I never would have got the Tobee reference on my own! When I see your posts tho, I immediately think of my 14 yr old granddaughter, who hates to be ... well you know

Frogger, I used my actual photo too, pretty youthful for a grandma, huh? And how one gets a nickname like that doesn't really bear thinking about, does it?

Debee I can barely look at Trump now without seeing your Snidely Whiplash 'stache and Grandma Walton spectacles, lol

Flamingo, I did not know who you were referring to so I had to google it .... I just learned something new, thanks

Irish, I think you took Username creation to a new level ... three things you hold dear combined into one ...

Desdemona, I considered using one of my favorite songs too, "Into The Mystic" by Van Morrison, am a huge music lover .. named my daughter after a Fleetwood Mac song .... Rhiannon

it's hard not to smile when you see the Username "keepsmiling", so thanks for that keepsmiling!

'Hub you keep finding things we have in common, lol. I am not a cat fan myself. Growing up on my grandparents farm, my gran keep several barn cats. They would wind about your legs when you tried to go in the house and have horrendous cat fights in the basement, so have been sort of afraid of them all my life. My daughter has three cats, and for some reason, there is one, Batty, who I feel okay with, and will even pet her from time to time. Although I tend to think your "I don't like cats" is a little in the "protest too much" vein!

AC - so 'Hub got it all wrong, isn't that just like a man, lol? We all remember things a bit different, or possible completely forget things after married for awhile. My Hub, for instance, seems rather outraged that I don't recall him having surgery on a rather delicate part of his anatomy. I am sure he is not making it up, I just can't for the life of me remember anything about it, lol

lrprn ... ok I confess, I would never have guessed your Name origins to be so ... uh .... literal. No I would have tried to puzzle it out ....yeah, I got nothin', lol

Thanks to all who have taken the time to share a bit with the board!

Comment

I found this forum just after I filed our petition. I finally felt like I could stop worrying and take a breath. Anyone who was around prior to January knows that my avatar used to be a pig squeezed by a belt. As soon as we got our discharge, I found the new pig, and it looked much more comfortable without the tight belt.
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

User name: I just like the name Freddy and Freddy01 and Freddy02 was already taken.

And my pic is Michael Scott from the show Office. It's my favorite show.
        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by StrawberrySu View Post
          I see so many clever usernames and avatars on this board, and I get so curious about their origins. If you would like to share why you chose them, or what they mean, please join me here. I think it's a fun thing to do, maybe take our minds off our troubles for a moment, get to know each other a little better. Some Usernames really have me stumped:

despiritfreya ... sounds mystical, maybe Native American?
          HHM .... could be something dignified like Harold Harris, Moderator or it could stand for Hunka Hot Man, I just don't know!
          don'tburntherep ....who is the rep and why do people want to burn him?
          did Pandora open the box?
          is Tobee 43? and where exactly is Nunavut?
          is frogger a Herpetologist?
          these are the questions I need answers to

I will start, it's simple: grew up on a strawberry farm in Ohio and my middle name is Sue. And no I don't have sisters named Billie Sue and Bobbie Sue a la Petticoat Junction (for those of us old enough to remember) But what were my parents thinking? Or drinking? For my avatar I chose the cutest little girl with strawberries I could find, when I see my own postings it actually cheers me up, lol.

So if you feel it won't compromise your identity please chime in and let us know!
          LOL!!!!!!!!!! well, i know where yours came from and that's a sweet delicious tale..

don't i wish i was 43...but i still look good...it really came from ToBee or NOT ToBee that guy Shakespeare, and my love for litature......Nunavut....not ONLY a place in Canada...but broken down in English means.

Nun....NONE
          a....OF
          Vut....That

avatar...well, my one my favorites things in another life time was when i taught little ones...now of course i hate those little sticky fingered dirty faced excuse for humans...ROFL!!!!!!!!!

and that's my story
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by IHateToBeEmo View Post
            Mine is because 'I hate to be emotional' about bills/debt collectors/bankruptcy. I want to stay calm and make business-like decisions.

It's definitely NOT because 'I hate Tobee more' lol.
            thanks...glad to hear that!!!!!! I thought it was I hate to be Elmo???? LOL!!!!!!!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

My screen name stems from long ago...back as a teenager...when my friends and I used to goof off at work, before going out for the evening we would rush home and try to rest...calling it a "Disco Nap"....the name has "Disconapper" has kind of stuck with me. My avatar, well I just thought it was appropriate given the circumstance.
              Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

I was supposed to join on a Tuesday but didn't get around to it until Wednesday.

Comment

I hate coming up with screennames and my mind went blank and since I was here asking for help, I came up with helpmeout. Not very creative, but oh well.

Comment

I'm very new here, and was very desperate - but this whole debt business has been coming down on me like a ton of bricks for a while, so Iamold - felt like it, still do...so a bit depressing, but truthful...

Comment

Originally posted by daylate View Post
                      I was supposed to join on a Tuesday but didn't get around to it until Wednesday.
                      daylate - you just made me laugh out loud! This sounds so much like me.....

I joined this site while contemplating filing for Ch7, hence the name on the fence. I chose the avatar because I felt like a big chicken before filing and right up until discharge.
                      Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

strawberry...this is sooo great.

@cat n hub....you 2 are a kick. all your love for each comes thru loud n clear.
                        You guys aren't foolin anyone!!!!
                        @debee....I also can not see Trump with hair anymore.
                        @keepsmiling...thought i was pm-ing them when i titled a thread keep smiling. LOL
                        @des...what i made up was.... des--per--ate-fer-yah.....some one desperately needing a great atty

Me..i got my pilots license 12 yrs ago. A nightmare to my flight instructor cuz i was terrrified (an understatement) of flying. My hubby(ex) bought a little plane from a guy, kept in touch with the guy on how my lessons were comin along and where we were flying with the plane.
                        2 yrs later, and divorced the "guy" and i started dating and are now huby and wifey 7 months now..and they said it wouldn't last. silly them.
                        Without becoming an Oregon Pilot i would never have found the joy of my life.

My avatar is my little ferel kittie named Sqeak. my first avatar was a pic of her with paws on sofa like she was praying. That was me...praying i could figure out how i was going to make it thru this.
                        Now the avatar is her coming out from under the sheets . JUST LIKE ME coming out into the light.
                        filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                        "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by IHateToBeEmo View Post
                          Mine is because 'I hate to be emotional' about bills/debt collectors/bankruptcy. I want to stay calm and make business-like decisions.

It's definitely NOT because 'I hate Tobee more' lol.
                          All along I thought you really hated Emo punk kids..LOL
                          "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

I don't think Des will comment on username. I really tried to winkle it out.

My theory was "D'esprit Freya". "D'esprit" is French for "in the spirit of" and Freya is a Norse goddess, a character in warcraft games, and a character in at least one pretty famous book.

Des was polite and good about it, but not forthcoming. No confirmation or denial.

My new theory about Des is that she/he is just going to remain a valuable mystery.
                            There are two secrets for success in life:
                            1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

My screen name was pulled from the air when I joined this forum. I moderate on a fairly controversial website (no, not 4chan or anything like that LOL) and I needed a new screen name that didn't link to me on there so I could have my financial crisis with a modicum of privacy.

I liked the play of words on the tranquilizer Valium and thought it was kinda cute. I was sure I would want to/need to be sedated at times during our BK journey! My avatar picture is of my 2 kitties monitoring my computer usage. The black cat is also the printer monitor - hanging upside down to watch the print head print on the paper.

flamingo - I love Allison Janney!!
                              lprn - I would have sworn you were a nurse you are always so calm in a crisis
                              debee - I would have thought you were a queen bee!
                              oregonpilot - I always pictured you flying high (no, not that kind of high)
                              frogger - I think of the Atari game and of frogger being hit by JD bottles rather than cars
                              des - I have wondered about him and have thought of many things about his screen name but I always draw a blank
                              tobee - I just think of grey goose LOLOL
                              HHM - no clue except the word Hennessy always pops into my mind.
                              StrawberrySu - Strawberry shortcake always came to mind
                              justbroke - just genius
                              pandora - taunting us with what is hidden in that damn box!!
                              backtoschool - smart enough to know you should always keep learning!
                              AngelinaCat - knows that curiosity may have killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back!
                              'Hub - Angelina's other half and a big, sweet bear - just do NOT poke him with a stick or try to pull a fast one on him or the forum.
                              Tom in Colorado - I had a mental pic of him looking and sounding like Tom Bodett (of Motel 6 commercial fame).
                              clevelandmom - I don't wanna get on her bad side... EVER
                              Freddie - so funny and smart
                              ChicagoAnnie - hilarious and wicked smart!

I am sure I have forgotten many others!!

GREAT thread Su!! Thanks!!
                              ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                              Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

One of dh's favorite movies is The Firm. The wife of Tom Cruise's character is named Abbey -- There is a scene where he comes home from work and is calling her name "Abbey!" and dh likes to say "Abbey!" just like Tom Cruise does in that movie. A few years ago he started calling me Abbey. The A is the first initial of my maiden name.

Fun thread StrawberrySue, thanks for starting it!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X