top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you come up with your Username? Your avatar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debee View Post
    I don't think Des will comment on username. I really tried to winkle it out.

My theory was "D'esprit Freya". "D'esprit" is French for "in the spirit of" and Freya is a Norse goddess, a character in warcraft games, and a character in at least one pretty famous book.

Des was polite and good about it, but not forthcoming. No confirmation or denial.

My new theory about Des is that she/he is just going to remain a valuable mystery.
    I deeply respect that person for reasons I cannot state. I can only comment he/she is a valuable asset to us here for strictly honorable and kind reason. I hope he/she pipes in just to acknowledge this very, very, fine and stress relieving thread, brilliantly thought of by our now "World famous, 'Strawberrysu'".

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
    My screen name was pulled from the air when I joined this forum. I moderate on a fairly controversial website (no, not 4chan or anything like that LOL) and I needed a new screen name that didn't link to me on there so I could have my financial crisis with a modicum of privacy.

I liked the play of words on the tranquilizer Valium and thought it was kinda cute. I was sure I would want to/need to be sedated at times during our BK journey! My avatar picture is of my 2 kitties monitoring my computer usage. The black cat is also the printer monitor - hanging upside down to watch the print head print on the paper.

flamingo - I love Allison Janney!!
    lprn - I would have sworn you were a nurse you are always so calm in a crisis
    debee - I would have thought you were a queen bee!
    oregonpilot - I always pictured you flying high (no, not that kind of high)
    frogger - I think of the Atari game and of frogger being hit by JD bottles rather than cars
    des - I have wondered about him and have thought of many things about his screen name but I always draw a blank
    tobee - I just think of grey goose LOLOL
    HHM - no clue except the word Hennessy always pops into my mind.
    StrawberrySu - Strawberry shortcake always came to mind
    justbroke - just genius
    pandora - taunting us with what is hidden in that damn box!!
    backtoschool - smart enough to know you should always keep learning!
    AngelinaCat - knows that curiosity may have killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back!
    'Hub - Angelina's other half and a big, sweet bear - just do NOT poke him with a stick or try to pull a fast one on him or the forum.
    Tom in Colorado - I had a mental pic of him looking and sounding like Tom Bodett (of Motel 6 commercial fame).
    clevelandmom - I don't wanna get on her bad side... EVER
    Freddie - so funny and smart
    ChicagoAnnie - hilarious and wicked smart!

I am sure I have forgotten many others!!

GREAT thread Su!! Thanks!!
    Val: I sure did enjoy your run down on all our guests. You are correct in summing up A.C. and 'Hub, as we are one in marriage, yet individual and independent as person. A perfect match we are, as I was previously married for almost the exact time A.C. and I are now. My childhood bride, I still dearly love as she is the Mother of my two great daughters. We grew apart as children into our later years, and had an amiable divorce. I still think of her in a very favorable light.

Mrs. and I as a bit older and wiser, now in our later times, are having a ball on our journey through life. We could not be more alike yet different. Not a real oxymoron, if you think about it.

We enjoy the voyage not looking forward to the destination, as day by day, mile by mile, the destination will come soon enough. We wish all here, that no matter how stressful and difficult bk and other like problems are, the trip goes on, and this too will pass into the miles behind, and the journey always gets better. 'Hub
    Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 05-23-2011, 08:29 PM.
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

sure is fun!!! nice to put a smile on someone's face!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Oh dear Lord (my new favorite phrase). . .

You folks are just too cute. If you must know the name is a combination of 2 pets who are more than pets. . . they are my partners and best friends. Mystery solved. . .

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
          Oh dear Lord (my new favorite phrase). . .

You folks are just too cute. If you must know the name is a combination of 2 pets who are more than pets. . . they are my partners and best friends. Mystery solved. . .

Des.
          Oh dear Lord! That nut case was right, just off by a few days ... if Des participating in this thread isn't the sign of the apocalypse, I don't know what is! All kidding aside, thanks to everyone for participating it has been fascinating!

Comment

Straberry - sing of the apocalypse? That's NEXT year!!!! (still mulling selling crystals blessed by Mayan shamen for only $19.95 - free shipping IF you call now - (results not guaranteed/for entertainment purposes only)

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
              Those of you who remember and watched the "West Wing" will know where "Flamingo" came from (someone's code name).....
              I should have been a bit more descriptive..."Flamingo" was the secret code name for C.J. (played by Allison Janney) on the West Wing...C.J. was tall with long legs hence the code name...all of a sudden one of my good friends started calling me "Flamingo" since that name was revealed during a West Wing episode. It has stuck since.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Des---mystery revealed! I have googled your name to no avail and wondered as well.
                Flamingo- just realized how much I miss that show! I watch In Plain Sight and try to remember if Mary's character on that show was as snotty/funny as she is in this one. CJ put in an appearance on this show as well and then kind of disappeared.
                Strawberry- thanks for starting this fun thread. time to go eat some big beautiful berries

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

But the big question for flamingo:

How many of the pink flamingos do you have for yard ornaments?
                  All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                  Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Aww dang it I"m always late to the party LOL!

Well... "Pandora" because I always seem to attact the proverbial black cloud - so hubby said somewhere along the line in a past life or something I must've been Pandora and the spell backfired on me, resulting in continual bad ju-ju as I cant seem to get away from it. (oh joy...) As to why the avatar - hubby said this particular one looked like me...although I dont see it.... (hmm ok maybe if I squint really really hard, turn head to the left and hold tongue just right.....then maybe...)

@ frogger: Okay, now you got my mind going through "Frogger is called frogger because he...." and am grinning as I go through scenario's.

@ 'Hub: Words to assist you in your future endeavors: "yes honey, of course honey, you're right honey.." LOL! ;)

@ Des: See we all knew you were all mushy-gushy under that exterior. Good thing everyone calls ya "Des" as there could be typo's everywhere reading "despritforya" ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!

You all are too funny.... this is a great thread - thanks "berry!

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
                      Des---mystery revealed! I have googled your name to no avail and wondered as well.
                      Flamingo- just realized how much I miss that show! I watch In Plain Sight and try to remember if Mary's character on that show was as snotty/funny as she is in this one. CJ put in an appearance on this show as well and then kind of disappeared.
                      Strawberry- thanks for starting this fun thread. time to go eat some big beautiful berries
                      No, thank you, Keepsmiling, and everyone who has posted! My hubby loves your keepontruckin' avatar! I hope we get lots more contributors, but if not, my dream of three pages has been reached, and Des explained his name .... I can stop trying to puzzle it out. I am obviously not good at it ... I always read "disco napper" as "discon apper" and it never made any sense, lol.

Oh, I love In Plain Sight too, especially (as I call him) "my Marshal Marshall". He is second in line to "My Michael", from Burn Notice. I love their cleverness, it makes their sometimes borderline looks into matinée idols for me. My hubby is happy to let me have my little crushes because it means I watch his "guy" shows with him!

Comment

The term "bankrupt" was derived from the old Italian saying "banca rotta". This means broken bench or broken table.

In old Italy if you defaulted on your debts your creditors paid you a visit and broke your work bench.

I put The Ben Bernank as my Avatar to show anyone who will listen a major reason why the purchasing power of the middle class is being destroyed.

He is loaning all of the banksters trillions in newly created digital dollars for zero interest as well as monetizing the US govt debt which is very inflationary to the rest of us.

He has more power then the president and no one elects him.

What's really bad is both he and the central bank are unconstitutional and no one dares challenge their existence in court.

Here is the real Ben Bernanke http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QpD64GUoXw
                        The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

You all are hilarious! I was, of course, "just" broke. So, that's what I used!
                          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I am a reality tv head. Lolly is one of the daughters on the real housewives of DC and I liked the name! I was born in 78'
                            Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                              But the big question for flamingo:

How many of the pink flamingos do you have for yard ornaments?
                              LOL - None, but after that episode my friends started giving me all sorts of Flamingo-related objects....PJs, jewelry, etc. I still get them and the most recent is a night shirt that states "Pink Flamingo Fever!" LOL!

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

come on flamingo...i drove by your place the other day....

Last edited by tobee43; 05-31-2011, 05:47 AM.
                                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X