top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you come up with your Username? Your avatar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the time I was filing bk (two years ago in early August), I was going back to school full time on a fellowship. I have since rejoined the full time workforce but love my username because I love learning things and the hopefulness of school.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Hi B2S: It's nice to see you!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Username is my middle name. Avatar: I joke with my friends that I had to go on a year long hike in the heat with people shooting at me to get one of these. RVN, 1968

Comment

Mine is that I'm turning to a "new page" in life by getting rid of debt, having learned some big lessons. I look forward to us being on a "new page" :-)

My avatar is a photo that I took, a peacock feather that has been color-enhanced.
          Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
          "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Comment

This is a great thread. I had no imagination, and my user name is one of several things I tried that express what I hoped would be happening soon, which did not require a number added to the back to differentiate from others on the forum. (I hate being one of several anonymous users of the same basic name).

Strawberry Sue, so glad you coaxed Des to disclose the meaning of Despritfreya... I have googled to no avail on that, as well, thinking it was some literary reference!

ETA: avatar? hmmm.. must find one soon
            Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

Comment

So sorry I didn't see your hello post two weeks ago or so when you posted it! It's great to see you too AngelinaCat!

I forgot to say where my avatar came from when I posted a couple of weeks ago. My avatar was done by a graphic artist friend of mine. I use it as my online visual presence a lot of the time.
              You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                Those of you who remember and watched the "West Wing" will know where "Flamingo" came from (someone's code name).....
                That was a great show! I miss that one. One of the very few I can honestly say that about!

Comment

"Going Down" is what my friends and I used to jokingly say whenever we rode on an elevator, and it makes me laugh. And my credit card lifestyle was also going down for good.

My avatar is actually a picture of me from the 1990s when I was going through the garbage can looking for aluminum cans, etc. You'd be surprised at some of the valuable things people throw away in the garbage can.
                  The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                  "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                  Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

I came up with mine because I am VERY BROKE and that name was already taken. Now I need to find a good avatar to go with it. That will be a fun hunt.

Comment

When i was a kid my teacher used to always call me with this name so when i was signing up in this forum i got remembered of those golden old days so i just thought to throw the same name as my user id !

Comment

My name basically is one of my very bad addictions. Mountain Dew...which was generally always taken so I opted for "sounds like" and came up with mountanddo. Been using it for many years even though I've technically switched to diet coke!
                        Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X