top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you come up with your Username? Your avatar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you come up with your Username? Your avatar?

I see so many clever usernames and avatars on this board, and I get so curious about their origins. If you would like to share why you chose them, or what they mean, please join me here. I think it's a fun thing to do, maybe take our minds off our troubles for a moment, get to know each other a little better. Some Usernames really have me stumped:

despiritfreya ... sounds mystical, maybe Native American?
    HHM .... could be something dignified like Harold Harris, Moderator or it could stand for Hunka Hot Man, I just don't know!
    don'tburntherep ....who is the rep and why do people want to burn him?
    did Pandora open the box?
    is Tobee 43? and where exactly is Nunavut?
    is frogger a Herpetologist?
    these are the questions I need answers to

I will start, it's simple: grew up on a strawberry farm in Ohio and my middle name is Sue. And no I don't have sisters named Billie Sue and Bobbie Sue a la Petticoat Junction (for those of us old enough to remember) But what were my parents thinking? Or drinking? For my avatar I chose the cutest little girl with strawberries I could find, when I see my own postings it actually cheers me up, lol.

So if you feel it won't compromise your identity please chime in and let us know!

Mine is because 'I hate to be emotional' about bills/debt collectors/bankruptcy. I want to stay calm and make business-like decisions.

It's definitely NOT because 'I hate Tobee more' lol.
    Filed/discharged/closed Chapter 7 in 2010!

Comment

I'm one of the few that actually placed my picture on the board as an avatar............

(It's a nickname for which reasons I won't discuss. If you know me, you know why the nickname.)
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

My name is a contraction that is easy for me to remember and Trump seemed funny at the time. I didn't give either any thought because I wasn't expecting to become a forum regular. I thought I'd be in, out and on the road again. Little did I know.
        There are two secrets for success in life:
        1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Those of you who remember and watched the "West Wing" will know where "Flamingo" came from (someone's code name).....

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I am a Notre Dame fan so that's where the "irish" comes from and "onyx" is the name of my late Rottweiler who was the best dog ever (imo), and the "33" comes from Scottie Pippen who is my favorite basketball player.

Comment

Desdemona's building a rocket ship, and I've got to go....
              A woman on a mission, quite familiar with quasars
              Her heart is in the kitchen but her soul is in the stars
              Crystal clear on logic but short on expertise
              This is a very ancient puzzle, she feels herself a piece

Huge Buffett fan...and my avatar is well... just me
              Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

Because that's what I am trying to do... keep on keepin on, stress and all....

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Really a cool Idea

This is really cool. Great idea. Ms. berry, your I.Q. is up in my mind. LOL.

It is fun, makes all of us a bit closer, in those in pain, and those who "been there, done that".

Now Frogger is a case alone, but I will not elaborate. Hey Frog.

In my/our case, we entered hell due to a "forum". I owned and ran one and my adversary *well I'm not going there, but he ruined us*. So a forum was not a nice word to us.

The Mrs. (AngelinaCat) came to me with "hat in hand" and said, "I don't think you will like this, but I joined a forum". After I picked her up off the floor, iced the bruise from 'decking' her, I asked so, 'what did you do?' (Not really of course)

I investigated this place. I liked this place. I LOVE this place. I told her (after recovery) that I approved.

Angel was a cat. We loved that little girl. We picked her up before we married as we witnessed her being "dropped off" in a ditch. So she came home and in 14 years, she never grew more than her size and was a talking cat. In fact she loved me (a cat hater) and we would talk with her on my tummy in bed. She talked yes. I did not know her language, but she knew mine. One day (and on our security cameras) she simply walked towards her bed. MY PLACE in our bed. Mrs. found her dropped over in a sudden drop over dead. She to the end was like a kitten and would tree in an instant. Such a sudden death. We buried her by moonlight, and I cried for a cat.

So Angelina Cat was my wife's pen name and the Avatar, is that cat, and you all know, I don't like cats.

So as I am now tearing, I chose as a new member pen name, AngelinaCatHub. As since I really don't like cats, I somewhat like my wife. ergo, my pen name became AngelinaCatHub, as we are related by marriage.

My Avatar is the Titanic as, we both are Titanic phyles. It was appropriate as we felt this "sinking" feeling.

So, long winded as it is, at least it covered two of us.

P.S. Ms. Berry, what a great idea. 'Hub
                  Last edited by AngelinaCat; 05-22-2011, 06:33 PM. Reason: Correct the original cat's name
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

'Hub, you are sssssssssssssssooooooooooooooo wrong!

*!tChfufpt!*

Angel's favorite cuss word.
                    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 05-22-2011, 06:34 PM.
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I hope Frogger didn't come by his alias cuz he likes to play in traffic....

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

WELL, I see I'm in trouble again. Pleased to be out of town now, as it was really me that SHE decked. I still have a marks. SO, why be me so wrong dear "Honey"..........

Give it YOUR take then. I still think Ms. Berry did a fun post.

BTW your PM box is full again. That has to be fixed. I'm seeing more of this. errrr, your 'Hub

EDIT: Oh, I see where I made a mistake. (Did this once last year as well. Now breaks my clean record for this year). It was "ANGEL" a predecessor of our God given current prayer that Angelina came to us, seven months and seven days to our doorsteps. A near exact duplicate but markings were almost exactly mirrored. She was a bit different, small but much fatter now, (not then) and talks less. She is much like but not exact. Mrs. does not accept that at my age, I may not remember small details like...................our anniversary. 'Hub (again)
                        Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 05-22-2011, 06:16 PM.
                        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

'Angel' is the original cat's name. There IS a little bit of a 'miracle story' as to how the second cat came to us. I believe the story is still on my Visitor Page.

Anyway, I found this wonderful forum after having been hit with all the negatives that you folks have seen, and then we were hit with an AP. This was in 2008. I did a 'google search on bankruptcy adversary proceeding', and this site came up. We have been searching on the Internet long before this and never did find this site, until then.

When I started reading through the posts, I realized that I had been 'led', and that the time was right to join.

I could not think of a decent username, and after considering several--and discarding them all, I decided on my cat's name, just because I like the name. The 'sayings' in my signature came much later in my membership.

Now, as for 'HUB, when I told him I joined a forum and what it was, he was immediately enthused, and wanted to start posting under MY username. No way. We both have different posting styles, and sometimes we disagree with how we remember events in our bankruptcy, or totally disagree, period.

So I was miffed when he chose 'AngelinaCatHub'. I was thinking: "don't you have any imagination to be able to create a different username?"

Shortly after that, though, we had a poster come on board and say words to this effect: "Hey, there is a married couple posting here, and they don't always agree, but they're making it work...."

So that was very gratifying, and here we are.
                          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

My literal, no-drama self used my first initial added to other family first initials. (Yawn :-0) I've wished about a thousand times over the last five years that I'd been a lot more creative when I first joined BKForum back in 2006.

My avatar is sunflowers - I was born in Kansas and the Kansas state flower is the sunflower. Another boring, ho-hum, literal choice. (Hmmmm....is a pattern emerging? )
                            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Mine isn't too exciting....just that when we joined, we had "no money no more" and all related names that were grammatically correct were taken. My avatar just sort of matched my ID. I have no imagination.
                              Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
                              Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X