LG TV and other appliances...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG TV and other appliances...

Two years, nine months ago my son purchased a L.G. 60 inch TV for me as a gift. He loves to watch sports when he comes over. So maybe it for him and me if you get the picture. Within 30 days of the purchased half of the screen would go black. L.G. sent out a repairmen and he replaced everything but the glass and speakers. Now the same thing again, half the screen goes black. I did a little research on line and it seem's a major complaint for L.G. owners. I e mailed L.G. they said sorry, it's out of warranty, You would think that a $1600 T.V. would last longer than 2 years, 9 months.

BTW, L.G. stands for living good, it use to be Lucky Gold. For years Lucky Gold made all of those room window a/c units. Now they make everything.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 10-02-2012, 10:15 AM. Reason: Changed the title a little.

i would REALLY ague this out...fully. after all it is the exact same issue here, not another one. wow...what does a $1600 tv look like LOL!!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

What does it look like? It's big. Also very heavy, about 130 lbs or so. It put's out of alot of heat. I am now sending L.G. a letter but have read other complaints on line and really don't think they will do anything but I will try.

Comment

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
        What does it look like? It's big. Also very heavy, about 130 lbs or so. It put's out of alot of heat. I am now sending L.G. a letter but have read other complaints on line and really don't think they will do anything but I will try.

yes, i would write call...everything. i mean, if it were a different problem all together i can understand their position. but this is the exact same problem as before, so they should make good on it.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

What type was it? Plasma, LED, or LCD?

I've heard that the LCD flat screens last longer than the plasma t.v.'s because they put out less heat.

I'm still using an old t.v. from the 90s with a digital converter box so I can get broadcast t.v., and I have a dvd player and vhs player hooked up to it. I cancelled cable a long time ago, and I cancelled Netflix, too. I just get movies for free from the library. They have pretty much everything available, you just to have to put them on hold and then wait for them to be turned in and then you get notified to come pick them up at your local library branch. And it doesn't cost anything.
          The world's simplest C & D Letter:
          "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
          Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

It's a Plasma tv and use's alot of electricity. It had a really great picture.

Comment

I will NEVER buy another LG product ever! All our kitchen appliances are LG and every single one of them has had issues. Currently the microwave and dishwisher are not working and it will be another 3 weeks before an approved LG repair person can come out to look at them.
              "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Unfortunately, don't waste your time with LG. They simply don't care. Their TV's are notorious for having problems, mainly because as you said it gives off a tremendous amount of heat. The circuits inside cannot handle that. I had a similar problem in that I had a TV I paid 4400.00 for and almost the same time frame as yours, (just under 3 years) the screen went black. At first it started slowly and then nothing. I took it to a repair shop and it was there I learned about the heat problem. The repair man indicated he knew exactly what was wrong and it needed a circuit board replaced at a cost of 600.00. I tried contacting LG and they basically blew me off saying out of warranty , out of their hands. So I had it fixed and got a 90 day warranty on the repairs. Would you know that on the 95th day the TV went black again. I called the repair man and he said due to the heat , it could keep doing it with every new board he put it and since it was 5 days past his warranty, there was nothing he could do. Needless to say I smashed it and bought a Sam sung and have never had any trouble with it or any other Sam sung TV I bought.

Comment

And we have been very happy with LG products. We have an AC/Heat unit that has been very reliable the last couple of years. When we were looking to purchase, LG had more favorable user reviews than it's nearest competitor, Frigidaire.

We also have a 42" flat screen LED TV that we have had for about 6 months. It has a beautiful picture, and has so far, not had any problems. There also is almost no heat, because it is an LED. 'Hub's brother has a 52" model LED LG TV, and has had it for about three months longer than we had ours. Brother's satisfaction with his unit is what inspire 'Hub to purchase ours.
                  "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Lg seems to have problems with tv's. My washer/dryer and range are LG's and no problem, but from all my research , it seems like lg's tv's for some reason don't last.

Comment

Yes, the tv repairman said the larger LG TV's have some kind of circuit board problem and he has fixed alot of them. I had a Hitachi for 10 years and never had a problem with it and it's still working today. (gave it to my daughter) I understand that alot of people like Samsung. I like the new smart TV's.

Comment

Yep, these new flatscreen TV's don't last. But the good old-fashioned CRT TV's do. That's why when my LCD TV died soon after the 1-year warranty, I got a used CRT TV from a yard sale for $10, and bought a HDTV converter box for $50 (new) and haven't had any problems. We use the TV every day, and it still works fine. It also has a better picture, and better sound than the LCD TV did.

Comment

Again, BIL, and 'Hub and I, have had the LG LED TVs for 9 months, and 6 months, respectively. So far, we have had no problems at all and are very satisfied.

The complaints I am reading seem to center upon the plasma and LCD models. If this is NOT the case, please clarify.

Thanks

Comment

Cat, seem's to be the plasma's TV's.

Comment

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
                              Cat, seem's to be the plasma's TV's.

http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/...o-warning.html
                              Thanks! Should any problems arise with these LED TVs, I will let everyone know.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X