• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where are these posters?

I am old and tree hugger?

Discharged and long gone I am guessing.

Comment

Some do move on after they receive their discharge. Of course, we do love it when they hang around for years!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

And shark???
        "good luck to us all"
        the old guy moved on right after discharge.
        I valued tree's unique perspective.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Sharks are people too?
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            Sharks are people too?
            Ha, of course they are. Just look at Wall Street..
            Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
            FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
            FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

^ha! Good one!

Comment

Treehugger did not file bankruptcy.

Treehugger was essentially judgment proof except for wages, and did not mind them garnishing wages.

Treehugger figured it was cheaper and easier than a Chapter 13. And 15% of wages went to student loans. So that only left 10% for judgment creditors which meant that they got very little and some lost interest in waiting around for their money. Went on the lower hanging fruit with other debtors.

Only a handful of them sued, and with the rest of them, Treehugger simply waited them out until the Oregon statute of limitations expired.

I guess after that, Treehugger moved on.
                The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
                  And shark???
                  "good luck to us all"
                  the old guy moved on right after discharge.
                  I valued tree's unique perspective.
                  I do remember that and miss it.

"Good luck to us all!"

Comment

i miss the site period! since the email notifications stopped so did people. many would check to see if one of the threads they were either watching or interested in had any new info...but we all know back in dec., that all changed and the admin decided ( and i know this only because of other sites i'm involved with that use the same software), all fixed the problem and the sites are thriving. i don't know how much of thats true, all i know it it changed this site forever.

i come back and stay a while and then move on where the boards are moving on as well....like new subject matters we are all faced with after our bk's etc.

this was one hoppin place with great people. (of course there still are great people), it's just the format and attitudes have looked sadly as though they moved on
                    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

The economy improved to the point where there are just not that many people even considering filing bankruptcy right now.

Most of the regular posters we had, filed BK, got their debts discharged, and then moved on with their lives. They aged out of the system, and there are very few newbies to replace them.

Something similar happened to a music forum I was on for years and years. For awhile there was a huge number of regular posters on that forum, and it was a fun place to "be" so to speak. But then we all graduated from high school and then college, and then just aged out of the system, and unfortunately, that forum shut itself down. And another thing that happened to that forum was that music itself changed. The bands we liked stopped getting on the radio, and many of them broke up, and there became less and less to discuss on the forum.

Facebook and Twitter have also taken a lot of the people who might otherwise have come here to post a question.

Comment

GD, does a fb page for this topic really have much happening? I wouldn't have thought it would!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

GD, does a fb page for this topic really have much happening? I wouldn't have thought it would!
                          Me either. I would never post on fb about my bankruptcy. And I am pretty open about it with my friends and family. I guess a lot of people post things on fb that I wouldn't post.

I agree with toobe43 that, in additon to the improving economy, the email notification issue probably is part of the reason for the slow down in traffic.
                          Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 05-23-2013, 05:51 PM.
                          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

There's one for debt collection issues that I'm on, but I still use a fake name on there.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                              Me either. I would never post on fb about my bankruptcy. And I am pretty open about it with my friends and family. I guess a lot of people post things on fb that I wouldn't post.

I agree with toobe43 that, in additon to the improving economy, the email notification issue probably is part of the reason for the slow down in traffic.
                              so lady, then why don't they fix it. another site that uses the exact forum software is up and running with emails. i mean i haven't seen hhm in forever! when are great mods ( and thank you all for all you have done for this site) stop coming, it's sad. i have really met friends for life on this site. actually met a few of you. (u know who you are and did we have fun or what?) ...truly some of the best of the best.

another member i will not mention but when my husband was diagnosed another member's wife was a week later. our bond never broke although unfortunately, their outcome wasn't as favorable as ours. everyday we went through this life change together. two people meeting on a bkforum...holding on to each other to help save our loved ones. without each other, personally i don't think i would have made it myself. so this forum isn't ONLY to answer questions about bk, but has been key in establishing life long relationships. at least for me.
                              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X