top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Word BK Forum NOT closing! They are working on the Problems!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a volunteer also.

'Hub and I joined in 2008 and though we have been discharged and closed now for years, we stick around because we had such bad representation by our attorney, and made so many needless and costly mistakes, that we try to help others to not make them.

From what I have learned while the site was down for three weeks in 2011, is that HHM has been a moderator for almost as long as the site has been in existence. It was first created in 2005. It is curious that when we were considering BK, starting in August 2006, a google search on 'bankruptcy' did not include this site until 2008.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 06-15-2013, 10:14 AM.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Yes, it's true...the forum is not going to close! I'm glad Tobee43 took the effort to reach out to for answers! The technical issues that the forum has been experiencing will be resolved before you know it.
      The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

thanks so much HRx for the update!! i'm certain many are looking forward to rec'ing emails again hopefully that will help encourage people to come back to the site.

and thanks so much to all the great volunteers, like MsCat, frogger, JB, Lady, Valle and where ever HHM is . they help so much in making this place so great! besides all the great people.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

know traffic has been down - people come and go throughout this process called BK. I pop on every now and again (at least once a week)....

Lots of "old timers" are missing.....Where's frogger?

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
            Hmmm. For some reason I thought HHM was an owner of the site or something like that. He seemed like the lead moderator, certainly had a law backround, and was blunt and to the point like a attorney. Sounds strange that you Mods don't know where he went. I am assuming here, but I would think you Mods are getting paid by the owner of this site, whoever the owner is.

LOL! No, moderators typically don't get paid anything.

When I was a moderator of the PureVolume music forum, I never got paid a dime. It was just for fun.

Sadly, that forum has been defunct for years, but the music download portion of the site still operates.
            The world's simplest C & D Letter:
            "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
            Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
              When I was a moderator of the PureVolume music forum, I never got paid a dime. It was just for fun.
              When I was a forum moderator I only got paid in back stabbing, complaining, rumors and general grief.

Comment

We moderators do this to give back to the community. My paycheck is every time anyone, especially a pro se filer, reaches their discharge! I am here to help one-debtor-at-a-time if I can. If I help more than one, even better.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                  .....Where's frogger?
                  Whatta you mean, where's frogger? Weren't you the one that was "holdin da frog hostage"????
                  "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by daveinIL View Post
                    When I was a forum moderator I only got paid in back stabbing, complaining, rumors and general grief.
                    I should clarify that was not at this forum it was at a broad general topic forum not one as specific as BKF.

Comment

Three cheers for all the amazing mods and everyone else here who selflessly give of their time!!!
                      Y'all do a great job of keeping it supportive, friendly, and as spam-free as is humanly possible
                      You've created a very special space indeed...a padded room for venting, a private school for financial and legal education, and a community for sharing joy and sorrow. Not too shabby I'd say.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

LOL!!! right pandora should have the pollywog (is that how you spell it, i CAN spell just not type), and the full scoop on frogger LOL!!!

ok now this is fun i'm going to tell you what i think about each mod!!! not that anyone's asking

i don't think there is any head mods on this site. they are all picked i think because they are very different types of souls. I think this is a fun exercise here's my take on the mods, not saying anyone has to agree with me, but this is the way i view them after knowing them a few years. (just for fun). i love them all!

jb with his expertize on pro se filing, plus simply one of the kindness of person ever, will help ANYONE.

frogger has general knowledge from locations of good fishing holes to what and what NOT to do in any situation, humorous and always makes you smile your way through hard times.

HHM...well ok, he/she may not be the most loving of them all, but all around knowledge, stern, tells it like it is, as known to be a bit harsh, but it's only because he/she wants you to know the facts, can't ever be accused of sugar coating a cookie, is usually unmatched, unless that is of course i want to agrue with him/her LOL!!

angelinacat..aka ..fairymod mother (appropriately given that name by keepsmiling) the sweetest ( and no one knows exactly how really sweet this mod is unless you really know her) is always there to hold your hand, keeper of records, i think she remembers the past almost better than the future.

ladyinthered...may seem all business, but is very kind and thoughtful to all that cross her path. smart as they come and if she doesn't know the answer i think at times she goes to the end of the law books to find it for you. a real asset to the site.

VALLE!! so wish she was on more. valle possesses incredible insight and humor as well as anyway she can help you find the answer to the question she will. she at times as actually had me on the floor laughing at the worse times in my life. that's a gift!

also a HUGE part of the success of this site, although not a mod, i don't want to fail to mention the one and ONLY....DES!!!! brilliant, compassionate, knowledgeable, incredible, and lets not forget remarkable. most likely single handedly helped more people through bk and it's problems, than other standing member.
                        Last edited by tobee43; 06-22-2013, 08:36 AM.
                        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

keepsmiling and toobee43, you are both very sweet. You both also deserve credit for your helpful, compassionate and humorous contributions.

This is a great forum to moderate. I've been on forums where members constantly bicker and launch personal attacks against others and mods have to get involved all the time. We rarely have to get involved in that kind of nonsense here. When somebody does start to get out of line, other members often step in before a mod gets to it. This is in many ways a self-moderating forum because of all of the wonderful members. As they say "it takes a village".

toobee43, you describe me pretty well, if I do say so myself. I don't see myself as very good at providing moral support. I try to reassure people with kind words when they need it. But what I'm really good at is analyzing a problem and finding and providing relevant information. I hope that is reassuring in different way.
                          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

TB,
                            I could not agree with you more

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                              keepsmiling and toobee43, you are both very sweet. You both also deserve credit for your helpful, compassionate and humorous contributions.

This is a great forum to moderate. I've been on forums where members constantly bicker and launch personal attacks against others and mods have to get involved all the time. We rarely have to get involved in that kind of nonsense here. When somebody does start to get out of line, other members often step in before a mod gets to it. This is in many ways a self-moderating forum because of all of the wonderful members. As they say "it takes a village".

toobee43, you describe me pretty well, if I do say so myself. I don't see myself as very good at providing moral support. I try to reassure people with kind words when they need it. But what I'm really good at is analyzing a problem and finding and providing relevant information. I hope that is reassuring in different way.
                              oh no lady i didn't mean to imply you don't provide moral support at all, actually, you are excellent and supportive always!

i just thought it might be fun to see how one views you through words you type lol!. it's pretty interesting i think that many can get a good sense if they read enough of the post.

Comment

I try to be reassuring, but practical at the same time. I may even side with the Trustee/UST/creditor at various times, but it's to show how the process works and the intricacies of the bankruptcy code. I agree with LITR entirely. It is as much the village, as it is the village "council".
                                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X