top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exactly When Does the BK13 Notation Fall Off of the Credit Report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Exactly When Does the BK13 Notation Fall Off of the Credit Report?

I haven't posted for a while about post-BK13 issues, but now feel it is time to ask questions about when exactly we should expect the BK13 note on our credit reports to disappear.
    We had planned to remain here until summer of 2024 (by which time we would have met the 2-year post-BK13 mark for credit report deletion), but we may well have to move to another rental before then since the landlord/land developer informed us we will be going to a month-to-month lease starting in August when our current one ends.
    I recall justbroke and shipo , among others, discussed this somewhere here on the forums, but I'm not sure exactly where to find it.

So, how long after the two-year mark is the BK13 completely wiped clean from all Credit reports? Our BK13 discharge anniversary is Feb.2024.
    Should we expect it immediately on that date or a month later?
    And how much later, on Experian Vantage 3.0? (which Zillow applications and therefore presumably many landlords, use.)
    Should we plan on needing to contest the inclusion of the BK info after that date? What materials would we need to supply to the credit bureau to get them to remove it?
    At this point, we don't know exactly when we need to move. (We are already looking at rental listing and have found some which would meet our needs and preferences.) We just want to be ready if we can wait to move until after Feb.2024 when the BK13 falls off of our credit reports.
    If we have to move before 2024 ,we will have a whole lot of explaining to do, LOL!

Short answer, it won't happen after your two year anniversary (assuming a 60-month plan), it will happen before.

If I recall the timeline correctly, the discharge date is largely irrelevant when it comes to the bankruptcy falling off from one's credit reports, it is the filing date; specifically 7-years (to the month) from the filing date. Said another way, if you filed in January of 2017, then the bankruptcy should fall off of all three reports in December of 2023 (at the latest). I let all three CBs age the reporting of my Chapter 13 off organically, Experian removed mine one month early in December of 2021, the other two fell off in January of 2022. A few reference points:
    • 26-Feb-2015: Filed Chapter 13
    • 03-Feb-2020: Final payment posted
    • 04-Mar-2020: Order of Discharge
    • 01-Dec-2021: Experian removed my Public Record for my Bankruptcy​
    • 01-Jan-2022: Equifax and TransUnion both removed my Public Record for my Bankruptcy​
    Last edited by shipo; 05-30-2023, 11:06 AM.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

As a Chapter 13, then it should drop off 7 years from the filing date. Technically it will fall off slightly earlier. See my post below for specific information.

So, here's some things I have learned as my Chapter 13 aged off my account: Assuming that the debtor filed a Chapter 13 on May 28, 2014. Assuming that 7 years from May 28, 2014 is May 28, 2021. (For a Chapter 7 it would be 10 years from May 28, 2014 which is May 28, 2024. The same early exclusion periods would apply at 6

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks shipo for the bk CR removal info and justbroke for the BK13 and Credit Bureaus thread link. That back and forth between you two is a priceless BK13 recovery tutorial in itself!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X