Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• justbroke
    replied
    I was just reading about that change and apparently it was announced 1-09-2017. Apparently the Republican-led Congress didn't like it (because just 4 years ago, Congress had to bail out the FHA insurance fund0). It appears to me that the incoming HUD secretary, Dr. Ben Carson, wants to look at it closer and it reads as though he may think it's necessary (to re-instate this reduction in the mortgage insurance premium).

Leave a comment:

• sophieanne
    replied
    justbroke - I know wht you're saying, tt just feels bad. Finally somethng good happens, and then boom, taken away. Like I said, i was just venting. I'm happy to be getting a 3.5%, 15 year mortgage.

Leave a comment:

• justbroke
    replied
    sophieanne I had to move this to the only place we allow Political Discussions. It has been so long that we had one, I had to search for it myself!

As for changing things Day 1... HUD had announced those changes just days before (11 days) inauguration. I know that in every business that I have worked, when a new boss/CEO comes in, the first thing they do is look at all recent changes and literally suspend all current projects until it can be reviewed. Maybe they'll review the change to make sure it pays for itself and un-suspend the change rather than entirely roll it back.

With any new administration it's going to be a roller coaster as we adjust to the, well, politics which drive our, well, politics.

Leave a comment:

• sophieanne
    replied
    I normaly stay away form politics but I'm a little miffed today.

My Chapter13 BK was discharged Aug 2/16. We have an Adjustable Rate Mortgage that we cannot refinance (through traditional methods) for another year and a half. After numerous conversations about FHA in this room in November/December I decided to do some looking around. Hooray! We found someone we dealt with previously whose company does manual underwriting and on preliminary review said we qualified for an FHA refinance (3.5% for 15 years).

It took us through the end of December to get all the documentation required in and approved. The intention was to close mid-January.
    Good News! Jan 9th there was a change made to FHA where the monthly mortgage insurance would be reduced...good news for us. It was almost a 50% decrease in that insurance
    premium. The loan would not fund until Jan 27th, to coincide with the change to FHA.

We were supposed to sign papers today, but not happening today. WHY? The Trump administration signed to suspend the decrease to FHA mortgage insurance indefinately and it was done TODAY!!!

Thank you. Now we had to resign our closing disclosure, will pay the higher premium and have to hold off signing papers for 3 days. It's not that it's a lot of money, but itt's the principle.

I'm glad he's for the people - great way to make friends on Day1. Only 4 years less a day left!!!! (As I said the sarcasm is just anger)

Leave a comment:

• spidge
    replied
    Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
    For those who may not understand how money is controlled and how we all have gotten ourselves to the point of bankruptcy, I came across this amusing clip.

For those who cannot take the literal words S.O.B. it is stated once in this clip. Avoid or proceed. I cannot edit it. 'Hub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mII9NZ8MMVM
    Love that one Cat. Here's another.

Leave a comment:

• AngelinaCatHub
    replied
    What is Credit, for dummy's

For those who may not understand how money is controlled and how we all have gotten ourselves to the point of bankruptcy, I came across this amusing clip.

For those who cannot take the literal words S.O.B. it is stated once in this clip. Avoid or proceed. I cannot edit it. 'Hub

Leave a comment:

• dgtxpride
    replied
    Federal standards don't necessarily prevent gerrymandering, either, unless it's a requirement to use a purely mathematical formula or algorithm for redistricting that doesn't leave any room for party influence. That or proportional representation would get the most accurate representation of the population in their government.

Leave a comment:

• msm859
    replied
    Originally posted by dgtxpride View Post
    The Act was renewed in 2006, yes, but the formula hasn't changed since 1972, which is ultimately discriminating against states for their past history. Many states have been able to pass voter ID laws without federal preclearance; why should other states be forced to jump through federal hoops? Additionally, black voter turnout was actually greater than white voter turnout in the last election.

Now, I oppose gerrymandering as much as the next guy, and would prefer to see some proportional vote system in place, but recall that the court ruling only threw out the old formula. Congress can pass a new formula that takes modern statistics into account.
    Actually I would be in favor of federal standards for federal elections - that would stop your concern for discriminating against individual states.. In 2012 more people voted for the Democrats in the House yet because of gerrymandering we have a Republican controlled house. As you point out black turnout may have been greater as was votes for Democrats but look at the results. You would think we were some third world country instead of the "light" of democracy.

Leave a comment:

• dgtxpride
    replied
    The Act was renewed in 2006, yes, but the formula hasn't changed since 1972, which is ultimately discriminating against states for their past history. Many states have been able to pass voter ID laws without federal preclearance; why should other states be forced to jump through federal hoops? Additionally, black voter turnout was actually greater than white voter turnout in the last election.

Now, I oppose gerrymandering as much as the next guy, and would prefer to see some proportional vote system in place, but recall that the court ruling only threw out the old formula. Congress can pass a new formula that takes modern statistics into account.

Leave a comment:

• msm859
    replied
    Yes. The decision was a travesty of justice. The VRA was last renewed only 7 years ago in 2006. Congress heard significant testimony about the continued problems some states were still engaged in trying to keep minorities from voting. The law passed in the senate by a 98 - 0 vote!! In the House only 33 members voted against it. It was signed by a Republican president. A deaf, dumb and blind person can readily see what several states are doing - including Texas - to still try to disenfranchise voters. The gerrymandering going on in many states - including Texas is beyond pale. Today the House is controlled by Republicans yet in the last election more people voted for the Democrats then they did for the Republicans. The SCOTUS has become a tool of corporations insuring the Oligarchy stays in power.

Leave a comment:

• dgtxpride
    replied
    So, does anyone here care about the recent Supreme Court ruling that rejected part of the Voting Rights Act as unconstitutional? I'm in favor of the ruling; it doesn't make sense for the federal government to have additional regulation on certain states based on voting statistics from 1972.

Leave a comment:

• tobee43
    replied
    as HRx requested i'm posting this here all those i'm NOT political.

here's the finals in all of florida's amendments:

Florida Amendment 1: Health Care Services – Fail

With most of Florida’s precincts reporting, this amendment did not meet the 60 percent requirement to pass.

The amendment would have given Florida the ability to opt out of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare.

Florida Amendment 2: Veterans Disabled to Combat Injury; Homestead Property Tax Discount – Pass

With most of Florida’s precincts reporting, this amendment met the 60 percent requirement to pass.

This amendment gives disabled veterans who did not live in Florida when they entered the military a break on their property taxes. It essentially extends the homestead property tax discounts to include them.

Florida Amendment 3: State Government Revenue Limitation – Fail

With most of Florida’s precincts reporting, this amendment did not meet the 60 percent requirement to pass.

This amendment would have set the state’s revenue limit based on a formula that takes inflation and population growth into account.

Florida Amendment 4: Property Tax Limitation; Property Value Decline; Reduction for Non-Homestead Assessment Increases; Delay of Scheduled Repeal – Fail

This amendment would have limited the allowable growth in the assessments on certain non-homestead properties from 10 percent to 5 percent. It would have also prohibited increases in assessed value on homestead properties and some non-homestead properties when market values decrease. It also intended to give first-time homesteaders an extra exemption. The amendment would have provided homestead tax exemption benefits to out-of-state residents.

Florida Amendment 5: State Courts – Fail

This amendment would have required that Supreme Court justices appointed by the Governor also be confirmed by the Senate. It also would have enabled the court to repeal a rule through a simple majority instead of requiring the two-thirds majority vote that is now in place. In addition, it would have given the Florida House of Representatives the ability to review all files of the Judicial Qualifications Commission.

Florida Amendment 6: Prohibition on Public Funding of Abortions; Construction of Abortion Rights – Fail

While federal law already prohibits the use of federal funds for most abortions, this amendment would have added the prohibitions into the state Constitution. The amendment would have disallowed the use of the state Constitution’s privacy clause in cases related to abortion, which means this clause couldn’t be used to defend abortion rights.

Florida Amendment 8: Religious Freedom – Fail

This amendment would have repealed a provision in the state Constitution that bans taxpayer funding of religious institutions. The measure would have enabled the state to provide financial support to religious schools and institutions.

Florida Amendment 9: Homestead Property Tax Exemption for Surviving Spouse of Military Veteran or First Responder – Pass

With most of Florida’s precincts reporting, this amendment met the 60 percent requirement to pass.

This amendment gives full homestead property tax benefits to the surviving spouses of military veterans and first responders who are killed in the line of duty. The new rule requires that the deceased be a Florida resident as of Jan. 1 of the year they died.

Florida Amendment 10: Tangible Personal Property Tax Exemption – Fail

This amendment would have raised the tangible personal property tax exemption for businesses related to furniture and equipment from $25,000 to $50,000.

Florida Amendment 11: Additional Homestead Exemption for Low-Income Seniors who Maintain Long-Term Residency on Property; Equal to Assessed Value – Pass

This amendment would grants full homestead property tax relief to seniors in the low-income tax bracket who have lived in their homes for 25 years or more.

Florida Amendment 12: Appointment of Student Body President to the Board of Governors of the State University – Fail

This amendment would have changed the way the state selects student representatives to serve on the state university system’s Board of Governors.

Results are considered unofficial until they are certified by the state of Florida.

When ever that will be?????? but this was published as what has passed so far all though apparently not quite "official" until the presidential votes are completed. maybe by next year?

Leave a comment:

• jacko
    replied
    In coal country?

Celanese Corp. will convert the boilers that power its Giles County factory from coal to natural gas, a press release said this morning.

The project is expected to cost $150 million and create 22 permanent jobs at the plant and 200 temporary construction jobs, according to a statement by Gov. Bob McDonnell.

Leave a comment:

• GoingDown
    replied
    Originally posted by msm859 View Post
    What is the price of not dealing with climate change? How many billion dollar storms are we going to have each year? Coal is bad, bad, bad. I would actually be in favor of a higher gas tax cut if it was used solely for making us more energy independent and efficient.
    The answer is, no matter whether we voluntarily lower our standard of living or not, we are going to have a lot of them. We have always had a lot of them, even in the past when no one burned a significant amount of coal. The eastern states are geographically located where they are going to get hit over and over again, no matter what we puny humans do about it.

I am thankful I live in Arizona, where this kind of stuff just doesn't happen. The western states don't have these problems, for the most part.

List of New York hurricanes encompasses 84 tropical or subtropical cyclones that have affected the state of New York since the 17th century. The state of New York is located along the East coast of the United States, in the Northeastern portion of the country. The strongest of these storms was the 1938 New England Hurricane, which struck Long Island as a Category 3 storm on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale. Killing more than 600 people, it was also the deadliest. Tropical cyclones have affected the state primarily in September but have also hit during every month of the hurricane season, June through November.

I wonder what Al Gore was doing back then?

Tropical cyclones rarely make landfall on the state, although it is common for remnants of tropical cyclones to produce heavy rainfall and flooding.

between 1278 and 1438 — A major hurricane struck the modern-day New York/New Jersey area, probably the strongest in recent millennium.[1]

Too bad Al Gore wasn't around then to scold the inhabitants of the area at that time.

August 25, 1635 — A hurricane that is reported to have tracked parallel to the East Coast impacts New England and New York, although it remains unknown if any damage occurs.[2]
    September 8, 1667 — A 'severe storm' is reported in Manhattan and is reported to be a continuation of a powerful hurricane which affected the Mid-Atlantic.[2]
    October 29, 1693 — The Great Storm of 1693 causes severe damage on Long Island, and is reported to create the Fire Island Cut as a result of the coast-changing storm surge and waves.[2][3]
    September 23, 1785 — Several large ships crash into Governors Island as a result of powerful waves which are reported to have been generated by a tropical cyclone.[3]
    August 19, 1788 — A hurricane strikes New York City or Long Island and is reported to have left the west side of the Battery "laid in ruins" after severe flooding occurs.[3]

October 9, 1804 — Heavy snow falls in Eastern New York peaking at 30 inches (75 cm) as a hurricane tracks northward along the East Coast and becomes extratropical, as cold air fed into the system.[4]
    September 5, 1815 — A hurricane tracks over North Carolina and parallels the East Coast before producing a heavy rainstorm in New York.[5]
    September 24, 1815 — Several hundred trees fall and the majority of the fruit was stripped off apple trees just prior to harvesting time after a hurricane makes landfall on Long Island.[6]
    September 16, 1816 — A possible hurricane strikes New York City, but damage remains unknown.[2]
    August 9, 1817 — A tropical storm produces heavy rainfall in New York City and Long Island.[2]
    September 3, 1821 — The 1821 Norfolk and Long Island hurricane results in severe damage on Long Island and is accompanied by storm surge of 13 feet (4 m). High wind causes a ship to crash on Long Island killing 17 people.[7]
    June 4, 1825 — A hurricane moves off the East Coast and tracks south of New York causing several ship wrecks, and killing seven people.[3]
    August 27, 1827 — High tides are reported in New York City which are caused by a hurricane offshore.[8]
    August 1, 1830 – A hurricane passes to the east of New York and produces gale-force winds to New York City and Long Island.[9]
    October 4, 1841 — Gale–force winds affect New York City as a hurricane tracks north along the East Coast of the United States. Damage is estimated at $2 million (1841 USD, $41 million 2007 USD).[10]
    October 13, 1846 — The Great Havana Hurricane of 1846 tracks inland, causing some damage to New York City.[3]
    October 6, 1849 — Severe structural damage occurs in New York City and Long Island with the passage of a hurricane to the east.[3]
    July 19, 1850 — A hurricane destroys a Coney Island bath house and causes heavy rain, although damage is unknown.[3] This storm destroyed the ship Elizabeth off Fire Island and drowned American transcendentalist Margaret Fuller.
    August 24, 1850 — A storm that is reported to be a hurricane affects New York and New England although there is no known damage.[2]
    September 9, 1854 — A hurricane brushes the East Coast from Florida to New England causing rain on Long Island.[3]
    September 16, 1858 — Low barometric pressure of 28.87 mb at Sag Harbor is reported, and is thought to be associated with a tropical cyclone which causes no known damage.[3]
    September 6, 1869 — A category 3 hurricane makes landfall in Rhode Island and brushes Long Island, which is affected by rain, although minimal damage resulted from the storm.[3]
    October 28, 1872 — A tropical storm passes over New York City and Long Island.[11]
    October 1, 1874 — New York City and the Hudson Valley receives rainfall after a minimal tropical storm tracked over Eastern New York.[11]
    September 19, 1876 — The remnants of the San Felipe hurricane track over western New York State, although damage is unknown.[11]
    October 24, 1878 — The state is affected by tropical storm-force winds and heavy rain with the passage of a hurricane, which made landfall in Virginia.[11][12]
    August 22, 1888 — A tropical storm tracks over New York City before tracking north along the East Coast of the United States.[11]
    August 24, 1893 — Hog Island is washed away by strong storm surge associated with a tropical storm of unknown strength.[3] According to HURDAT, this was a Category 1 hurricane that struck the western end of the Rockaway Peninsula, passing through Brooklyn as a weakening hurricane. Manhattan Island saw gale force winds to 56 mph.
    October 10, 1894 10 People were killed and 15 injured at 74 Monroe Street in Manhattan when winds blew a building under construction onto a tenement crushing it. Extensive damage in the NYC and Long Island to telegraph lines, trees and boats docked on shore. Storm formed over Gulf of Mexico as a Category 3 weakened over land in the Southeast and re strengthened to a Category 1 over the Chesapeake Bay before striking Long Island.[13][14]

September 17, 1903 — The 1903 Vagabond Hurricane produces wind gusts in excess of 65 mph (105 km/h) and 3 inches (75 mm) of rain in Central Park.[15]
    August 15, 1904 — A Category 2 hurricane skirts the East Coast of the United States producing gale-force winds and heavy rain in Eastern New York and Long Island.[16]
    August 2, 1908 — A hurricane develops near North Carolina and moves northward along the coast, brushing Long Island.[17]
    July 21, 1916 — Strong winds are reported on Long Island as a category 3 hurricane passes to the east.[3]
    August 25, 1933 — The 1933 Chesapeake Potomac Hurricane produces up to 6 inches (150 mm) of rain in Southeast New York State; other damage is unknown.[18]
    September 8, 1934 — A strong tropical storm makes landfall on Long Island.[19]
    September 20, 1936 — Strong waves and storm surge associated with a powerful hurricane floods much of Long Beach Island and causes severe beach erosion along the coast.[20]
    September 21, 1938 — The New England Hurricane of 1938 (Also Called "The Long Island Express") makes landfall on Suffolk County (Long Island) as a category 3 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson hurricane scale.[21] Wind gusts of 125 mph (200 km/h) and storm surge of 18 feet (5 m) washes across part of the island.[22] In New York 60 deaths and hundreds of injuries were attributed to the storm.[23] In addition, 2,600 boats and 8,900 houses are destroyed.[24] Throughout New England the hurricane killed over 682 people,[25] damaged or destroyed over 57,000 homes, and caused property losses estimated at $4.7 billion (2005 US dollars).[26]
    September 14, 1944 — The 1944 Great Atlantic Hurricane makes landfall on Long Island as a category 1 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson hurricane scale at a high forward speed of 40 mph (64 km/h). Wind gusts of well over 100 mph (160 km/h) breaks previous wind records in New York City, while a minimum pressure reading of 28.47 inches is recorded on Long Island. 117 homes are completely destroyed, while 2,427 are severely damaged and almost 1000 businesses are destroyed or damaged. In all, six people are killed, and one person is injured.[27]
    September 18, 1945 — A weak tropical depression crosses into Southeastern New York.[11]
    August 29, 1949 — A tropical storm tracks into Central New York causing no known damage.[11]

1954 — Hurricane Hazel - wind gust of 113 mph at Battery Park, highest ever recorded in New York City.
    August 31, 1954 — Hurricane Carol makes landfall on Long Island and produces wind gusts of 120 miles per hour (190 km/h) on Montauk Point.[3] On eastern Long Island near where Carol made landfall, a pressure of 960 mbar is recorded.[28] Winds on the island gust to 120 mph (195 km/h). The hurricane's storm surge covers the Montauk Highway in Montauk, effectively isolating eastern Long Island for a period of time. Due to the compact nature of the storm, most of Long Island is largely unaffected by the hurricane.[28] Specific damage totals for New York are unknown, although the storm in its entirety causes $460 million (1954 USD) in damage.[28]
    September 10, 1954 — Hurricane Edna tracks to the east of Long Island producing 9 inches (230 mm) of rain.[3] Prior to the storm, New York City orders an emergency standby for the majority of its hospitals, and subways.[29]
    August 13, 1955 — Hurricane Connie produces 13.24 inches (370 mm) of rain in Southeast New York, although damage is unknown.[30]
    September 28, 1956 — Hurricane Flossy tracks to the south of Long Island, brushing it with light rainfall.[31]
    October 1, 1959 — The remnants of Hurricane Gracie track into Central New York and drops up to 6 inches (150 mm) of rain.[32]
    September 11, 1960 — Hurricane Donna makes landfall on Long Island as a Category 2 hurricane. Sustained winds of 100 mph (160 km/h) on eastern Long Island and 70 mph (110 km/h) winds on western Long Island are reported, and tides are 6 feet (2 m) above normal along most of the coast. Strong waves also cause beach erosion and several homes along the shore to be destroyed. Due to well-executed warnings, damages are extremely low, and it is reported that no deaths result from the storm.[33]
    September 21, 1961 — Hurricane Esther causes $3 million (1961 USD, $20 million 2007 USD) in damage in Suffolk County as it tracks to the east of Long Island. Coastal areas of Long Island were flooded, as well as storm surge and wind gusts of 108 mph (173 km/h), which causes 260,000 homes to be left without power.[34]
    October 8, 1962 — Hurricane Daisy tracks east of New England, producing light rainfall in extreme eastern portions of Upstate New York.[35]
    September 23, 1964 — Beach erosion and moderate wind gusts are reported on Long Island as Hurricane Gladys tracks a couple hundred miles south of New York.[36]
    October 19, 1964 — Light rainfall is reported as Hurricane Isbell tracks off the coast.[37]
    September 10, 1969 — Rainfall up to 3 inches (75 mm) is reported on Long Island and in portions of Southeastern New York associated with Hurricane Gerda.[38]
    August 28, 1971 — Tropical Storm Doria produces up to 8 inches (200 mm) of rain in New York City and Upstate New York causing moderate to severe flooding and floods subways in New York City.[39][40]
    June 22, 1972 — Hurricane Agnes makes landfall near New York City and produces up to 12 inches (300 mm) of rain in Southeastern New York State and much of Western New York, with locally higher amounts. Storm tides of 3.1 feet (1 m) and wind gusts of 55 miles per hour (89 km/h) occur in New York City, and severe river flooding causes six deaths.[41]
    September 4, 1972 — Tropical Storm Carrie produces light rainfall on the eastern end of Long Island.[42]

August 11, 1976 — Hurricane Belle makes landfall on Long Island as a Category 1 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson hurricane scale, producing up to 6 inches (150 mm) of rain.[43] 30,000 people are evacuated in New York in anticipation of Belle. Wind gusts of up to 70 mph and tides of 7.2 feet (2.3 m) above normal are reported in New York City and Long Island. Moderate river flooding occurs, as well as minor crop damage. In all, one person is killed by a falling tree, and damage is reported at $257 million (1976 USD, $980 million 2007 USD).[44]
    September 1, 1978 — The remnants of Tropical Storm Debra produces light rainfall along the southern edge of New York State.[45]
    September 7, 1979 — The remnants of Hurricane David produce light to moderate rainfall up to 3 inches (75 mm) in much of New York State.[46]
    September 2, 1983 — Tropical Storm Dean produces light rain near New York City[47] and causes minor beach erosion.[48]
    Late October, 1984 — The remnants of a tropical depression track just north of New York City, producing extremely light showers.[49]
    July 1985 — The remnants of Hurricane Bob produce light rainfall in Southeastern New York.[50]
    September 25, 1985 — The remnants of Tropical Storm Henri produce light rain in isolated areas.[51]

Hurricane Gloria to the south of New York (1985)
    September 27, 1985 — Hurricane Gloria makes landfall on Long Island as a Category 2 hurricane. Wind gusts of up to 100 mph (135 km/h) and 3.4 inches (86 mm) of rain [52] contribute to $300 million (1985 USD, $591 million 2007 USD) in damage, and one fatality.[53] In addition, 48 homes on Long Island were destroyed, and hundreds more were damaged.[53]
    September 10, 1987 — Tropical Depression Eleven produces rainfall up to 3 inches (75 mm) in much of New York State.[54]
    August 30, 1988 — Tropical Storm Chris produces moderate rainfall in Upstate New York.[55]
    September 24, 1989 — The remnants of Hurricane Hugo produce light rain and gusty winds in Central and Eastern New York.[56]
    August 28, 1991 — Hurricane Bob comes within a short distance of making landfall on the eastern tip of Long Island as a category 2 hurricane. Heavy rainfall up to 7 inches (175 mm) and high wind gusts causes two deaths and $75 million (1991 USD, $117 million 2007 USD), as well as severe beach erosion which came as a result of storm surge up to 6 feet (2 m) above average.[57]
    October 30, 1991 — The 1991 Perfect Storm kills one man when he is swept off a bridge, and causes moderate to severe beach erosion.[58]
    August 28, 1992 — The remnants of Hurricane Andrew produce light rainfall in the western portions of the state.[59]

Hurricane Floyd produced heavy rain in New York (1999).
    September 27, 1992 — Tropical Storm Danielle produces light rain in Western New York.[60]
    July 22, 1994 — Tropical Depression Two produces light rain in isolated areas of the state and generates thunderstorms which down several trees.[61]
    August 18, 1994 — Tropical Storm Beryl's remnants produce up to 3 inches (75 mm) of rain in Central New York[62] causing moderate flooding which causes two fatalities and $1.5 million (1994 USD, $21 million 2007 USD) in damage, and 14 homes are damaged or destroyed. In addition, State Route 7 was closed for several hours due to flooding.[63]
    July 13, 1996 — Hurricane Bertha makes landfall on Long Island as a tropical storm, producing heavy rainfall which caused moderate flooding in the lower Hudson Valley in addition to tropical storm-force winds.[64]
    July 24, 1997 — Hurricane Danny causes light rainfall over New York City and Long Island.[65]
    September 8, 1999 — The remnants of Hurricane Dennis produce bands of heavy rain which caused some flooding, especially in Rockland County where three feet of flood water accumulated in some locations.[66]
    September 16, 1999 — Hurricane Floyd produces rainfall up to 13 inches (325 mm) and wind gusts of up to 60 mph (95 km/h) affect Southeastern New York. Severe flooding results from the storm, killing two people and causing an early estimate of $14.6 million (1997 USD, $18 million 2007 USD), although it is reported that damage could total to far more than that. One of the deaths occurred when a person was swept into a flooded river.[67][68]
    Last edited by GoingDown; 11-01-2012, 12:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IBroke
    replied
    Originally posted by jacko View Post
    Dirty coal is on its last leg out. There is no turning back despite Romney's etch sketch speak.
    And there is it again, the part where you have to ask yourself which Romney is actually the "true" Romney? The Romney pro coal or the Romney against it. And yes, there is one against it as well, no matter what he claimed during the debate:

Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X