top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yay - I am totally done - discharged and case closed!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay - I am totally done - discharged and case closed!!!!!

Hi everyone! So excited, i just wanted to share. Case filed 7/20/12 - Completed 7/7/16- Discharged 8/2/16. And finally - Trustee's Final Report filed and cased closed - today, 10/4/16.

Now I'm going to truly celebrate!!!! There have been so many discharges lately and so many coming, that it is exciting. Those who are starting, don't worry, you'll be done before you know it.

thanks again to everyone here for your support and kind words over the last 4+ years!
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

It's truly incredible that we have had so many Chapter 13 discharges! There is hope and there is light at the end of that tunnel.

Congratulations!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I totally agree with you Justbroke and thank you so much!
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

sophieanne I hope that you stick around and help others through this journey. Your personal experience is priceless to those that are yet to take this journey.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That is awsome!!! I cant wait to say that in about 4 years are so. Thanks for the beacon in the night!

Comment

Congrats! Great to have the 13 finally behind you and become history, isn't it?

Comment

Congrats Sophie.

If memory serves, I am tracking a few weeks behind you. I am expecting my case to be closed by the end of the month.

I was briefing my wife, just yesterday, on "financial matters" and commented on how good it felt have a nice cushion in the bank and that just because we have money in the bank shouldn't compel us to go out and spend it right away.

Lessons learned from 5 years of BK enforced discipline.
              Final Payment 7/2016

Comment

• sophieanne
                sophieanne commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks outforgood...i totally agree with you. Money in the bank is not a green light for a shopping spree. I know everything i learned from the last 4 years will not be wasted. I'm never going back to the old ways.

P/S. - my case could've closed 1 month ago, but there was one vendor who didn't cash their check right away. It's over now and that's all that matters. It sounds like you're doing good!! I'm glad to hear that. I'll cross my fingers for you for the end of the month!!!!

Awesome Possum!!!

and great advice out4good3 - though some days I feel a little like Ebeneezer Scrooge but I am cool with that.

Comment

Originally posted by bobcat216 View Post
                Awesome Possum!!!

and great advice out4good3 - though some days I feel a little like Ebeneezer Scrooge but I am cool with that.
                Hi bobcat, i hope you're doing well. Nothing wrong with Ebeneezer Scrooge as a mentor,he just needed some humanity lessons!!! I think we've all learned how and when it's ok to spend. Like I told Out4good, i've learned the lessons well and am never going back!!!. It's so strange paying the mortgage, utilies and nothing else
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Congratulations, sophieanne !

Please do stick around and help us answer questions of those who are where we used to be. We'd miss you if you stopped posting!
                    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I would love to be able to post the Hamster Dance of Victory, but YouTube has seen fit to put advertisements with the videos--some blatantly political. I don't wish to sully the site with that garbage.
                      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats! These stories keep me inspired and motivated to get to the end of my BK. Just made payment #34 yesterday.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X