No announcement yet.

Preparing to make final payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you VolFan! Yes, it is. Glad the payments are over with.

Comment

Congratulations!!! I’m celebrating for you both!! The end is near!!!
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congrats! I made my final payment on 1/14. It should clear tomorrow and post Wednesday. Yahoo!

Comment

sophieanne - thank you! And we hope all is well with you up in Washington!
          newlife13 - thanks! And congratulations to you as well! We all made it to the end! Phew.

Comment

Congratulations! One more odds defying Chapter 13 set for discharge.
            Latent car nut.

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post
              Congratulations! One more odds defying Chapter 13 set for discharge.
              Speaking of odds-defying... do you think that being a member here at BKForum helps? I certainly found solace, support, and a spectacular community here at BKForum. I have been here since 2008. You may not know this, but you all have helped me through my bankruptcy more than you know.

Just a place to openly vent... can be very therapeutic in making it through a Chapter 13!

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks shipo! Yep, that's right. Five years of suckin mud... time to hose myself off LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                  Speaking of odds-defying... do you think that being a member here at BKForum helps? I certainly found solace, support, and a spectacular community here at BKForum. I have been here since 2008. You may not know this, but you all have helped me through my bankruptcy more than you know.

Just a place to openly vent... can be very therapeutic in making it through a Chapter 13!
                  I wish I had found this place before my discharge; I literally spent 7-years solo out in the wilderness (two years before filing, and then the obligatory 60 months of the Chapter 13) with literally zero guidance except the few e-mail exchanges with my attorney. Had I found this place earlier on I would not have made anywhere near the number of mistakes I made and would have come out of the gate (i.e. discharge) much better prepared for my rebuild.
                  Latent car nut.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post

Oh Absolutely! The BKForum has helped immensely; it's a safe place to ask questions, express concerns, etc. about a very personal, private, sensitive topic: bankruptcy. Having a place to vent, even rant and rave if necessary, get things off our mind, sharing experiences and information, is very beneficial.

Comment

I would add: therapeutic - for mind , body, and spirit.
                      Last edited by Zombie13; 01-18-2022, 04:02 PM. Reason: can't type for sh*t

Comment

Thank you all, Carmella, justbroke, shipo, sophieanne, VolFan , and newlife for your congratulations and well wishes!
                        Yes, it's been a very long and tortuous path to get to the point of final discharge and closing for the worst 5+ years of my life.
                        I want to echo the candid sentiments of my better half above: without you guys (and the many others) who continued to
                        read, reply and offer internet solace and commiseration, I doubt we would have survived this long-term trauma as well as we did!
                        I even resorted to telephone counseling once a week with someone in our insurance network to get me through the dark days of my surgery (in 2020) and the months since, all at a pretty reasonable cost, since it could be paid through the HSA funds and did and does apply to my deductible.
                        Just knowing we can now prepare, pack and plan for a life outside Colorado is unbelievable -no more squatting in place! LOL
                        Last edited by Barbisi; 01-23-2022, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Congrats Zombie13
                          Congrats Barbisi

I am so happy for both of you!!!!!!!!

justbroke This forum definitely helps and relieves stress/helps with coping. I wish I had found it before we filed when I was in that 1-2 yr period of procrastination and uncertainty. We would have filed sooner and been better prepared maybe had the knowledge to get the 2011 tuned up real good before we filed using some of the $ we were no longer using to pay credit cards in that time of deciding to file, but not actually filing yet. Oh well. What's done is done and I am glad I have had the support to get through these crazy 5 yrs. I think we were only a few months in when I joined up. Now it's almost to the final year countdown.
                          I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Originally posted by VolFan View Post
                            Congrats to you both. It's an amazing feeling!
                            Thank you VolFan!

Comment

Originally posted by Carmella View Post
                              Congrats Zombie13
                              Congrats Barbisi

I am so happy for both of you!!!!!!!!

justbroke This forum definitely helps and relieves stress/helps with coping. I wish I had found it before we filed when I was in that 1-2 yr period of procrastination and uncertainty. We would have filed sooner and been better prepared maybe had the knowledge to get the 2011 tuned up real good before we filed using some of the $ we were no longer using to pay credit cards in that time of deciding to file, but not actually filing yet. Oh well. What's done is done and I am glad I have had the support to get through these crazy 5 yrs. I think we were only a few months in when I joined up. Now it's almost to the final year countdown.
                              Thank you Carmella ! And the final countdown has begun for you as well!

Comment

Congrats and bravo, to all of us, I have not posted much here, since the re-boot, but read the forum many times when the struggles of life and financial surprises happened during my payment plan. My mind is always soothed by music, and my theme song has been "The Tide is High" and I have held on, LoL. Out of town yesterday when the cease payment email arrived, what a welcome notice. I knew I was done as the Trustee's site showed a small credit balance after payment #55, two less than planned due to some claims never filed.

My main reason to post today is to encourage Carmella
                                and answer justbroke.
                                "Speaking of odds-defying... do you think that being a member here at BKForum helps?"

Absolutely!

@Carmello hold on tight and good luck, I also was so close and it still seemed far away last June. I will be back to wish congrats to you too soon.

I plan on calling Monday to see what steps remain, and procedures for me to finish.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X