top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discharged 2/04/22 : No Closing as of 3/18/22 Help!!! What Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woops sorry @sophieann!! Washington!!! Office is in Kent. We would like to ask you about areas for home rentals.

Comment

Zombie13 - congratulations again, that is very exciting. You’re coming to an Area that is close to Seattle and other big cities in the area. I can’t make a specific recommendation, because I live south of that area in the Olympia area. Wherever you choose, you’ll be close to everything. I recommend doing a web search of cities close to Kent and also looking at redfin who now advertises rentals. The two of you need to decide what amenities you would like to be close too. This is going to be a big change from Colorado. I’m very excited for both of you. Let me know if there’s any other questions I can try and answer for you and keep me posted on how your progress is coming. When are you hoping to move to Washington?
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

sophieanne - thank you! Yes it is, and it is a relief. Phew. This interview process has been the most challenging I have encountered in my career, but I was well prepared. Barbisi made sure of that! She helped me with mock interviewing. We have heard good things about Olympia, though it may be a bit much of a commute. Good to know Redfin now advertises rentals as well; we will check it out! And thank you for your help! We will probably move in May. Lookin forward to it!

Comment

shipo - yeah I hear that! Moving twice like that is really rough.

Comment

Zombie13 - Olympia is not where i’ld want to live if I worked in Kent 🙂..do some searches or ask your new Mgr/HR person..they might have some good suggestions. I’m very excited for both of you!!
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie13 View Post
              sophieanne - thank you! Yes it is, and it is a relief. Phew. This interview process has been the most challenging I have encountered in my career, but I was well prepared. Barbisi made sure of that! She helped me with mock interviewing. We have heard good things about Olympia, though it may be a bit much of a commute. Good to know Redfin now advertises rentals as well; we will check it out! And thank you for your help! We will probably move in May. Lookin forward to it!
              I am happy to see that Barbisi put her performance skills to good work coaching you for an award winning performance
              I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Carmella - yes, Barbisi did a fantastic job!

Comment

Couple updates from today:
                  * Attorney said we could sell the house, and do not need Trustee's permission. That was a bit of a shock.
                  * If a party needs or wants a Motion to Sell we can do that with the attorney's help.
                  * No update on bk closing; attorney said, we just have to be patient.
                  * Attorney also said, go ahead and apply for a credit card, see what happens. I expressed concern regarding car rentals, airline tickets, and hotels without a credit card.
                  * shipo does have a good tutorial on here regarding this, though applying for credit at this time (got the discharge, but not the closing) goes against suggestions in the tutorial. Full disclosure, is all. We may try talking to our credit union; we have a good relationship with them. We did move money over there, so we may be able to get a secured card.
                  * got an email today indicating the written offer will arrive within 2 days.
                  So now, the question is: when do I notify my manager, give them two weeks notice? Not now since I still don't have the written offer. I have 3 weeks of PTO I need to use, before I leave. I have a task I am working, soooo close to finishing but I will need to tell my manager another person needs to take over. We will most likely sell to an investor, and close after our stuff is removed from the house. Then we're done. There are some details in between but we will fill that out later.
                  Crazy day, in a good way.
                  * Also: looks like I can cancel tomorrow's screening interview with the same company. Also, I was supposed to hear from another hiring manager for another role. Kinda cool; I have never had this much job interest before. I didn't expect to get an offer w/i 6-8 weeks of starting the job search.

Comment

Maybe I worded something incorrectly, I never intended to suggest not to apply before the case was closed; that can take a long time. I'll need to look at what I wrote, but if I recall correctly, my intention was to suggest waiting four to six weeks post-discharge to make sure your credit reports are accurate, and then apply.
                    Latent car nut.

Comment

Regarding notifying your manager and PTO, I was in your boat 11 months ago and opted to notify my manager ASAP. Why? In many ways I'd become a "knowledge silo" and really wanted to give them as much time as possible for a knowledge transfer. I ended up giving nearly three weeks notice and let them squeeze every last bit of stuff out of me they could. That company had been extremely good to me so I felt it was important to remain on good terms, and even now, a year later, I talk with my former boss on occasion when something comes up.

Ancillary benefit of helping out when you're a "short-timer"...

A few weeks ago I got an unexpected check in the mail from my former company; they had a great year in 2021 and it is "manager's discretion" as to whether to award bonus money to former employees; and whaddya know, I got a pretty nice bonus the equivalent of about what I would have gotten in any given month had I stayed there.
                      Latent car nut.

Comment

Thanks shipo, good to know! I haven't read your tutorial/tips in awhile so I assume I got the terms mixed up.
                        I emailed my manager this evening. I do need some time off to do all the prep work before we leave CO. Man; hard to believe!

Comment

I do feel a bit torn; I like the team, my manager, the company. So it's tough. But, we gotta step up and move forward. This is gonna be a wild ride, I think. Pretty tired today from all of today's events. Did the background check, got the results 15 minutes later, then got the offer letter about 30 minutes after. Convo with recruiter, etc.

Comment

Zombie13, if your current company is anywhere near as classy as my previous one, they will congratulate you, send you on your way, and leave the door open if you ever want to come back.
                            Latent car nut.

Comment

Zombie13 - things are moving quickly now..everything can feel bittersweet. I think when things fall into line as well as they are for you right now..it’s a sign., that everything is meant to be.
                              Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thanks shipo . Yes, I spoke with my manager and our department manager in California today, who said I was always welcome back, so that's a very good thing.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X