The proverbial Fat Lady has SUNG!!!

CASE CLOSED

For those who ask about the time line.

Filed: 3/30/2018
    341: 5/16/2018
    Confirmation: 7/13/2018
    Discharged: 6/8/22
    Terminated/Case closed: 9/15/22

We got the report yesterday summarizing all the debts, what was paid to who and the amount that went unclaimed.
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Congratulations Carmella! Enjoy your new freedom.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Yay @Carmella..itโ€™s finally over!! Enjoy!!
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S infinito , Carmella !
        So excited for your final and eternal exit from the land of legal insolvency and your entrance into the light!

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Comment

congbratulations

Comment

Congratulations!!!!
              Quick question. I see your payment was less than 5 years? where you in 100% plan?

Comment

Celebrate!

Comment

Hurray!! So happy for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Comment

Originally posted by anunezal View Post
                    Congratulations!!!!
                    Quick question. I see your payment was less than 5 years? where you in 100% plan?
                    It was a 5 yr plan, but some of the creditors decided not to file a claim so we didn't have to pay them!
                    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Thanks everyone!!!

Comment

Congrats! How long did it take after your last payment to get discharged?

Comment

Mine was almost exactly 4 weeks (plus or minus a day); the gap varies by region.
                          Latent car nut.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmyfrank72 View Post
                            Congrats! How long did it take after your last payment to get discharged?
                            Jimmyfrank72
                            I took a quick look at my checking account, so this is an estimate. It was almost immediately. Or should I say my discharge came before my last payment. We were due to end in April 2023, but ended early since some creditors did not file.

My discharge date was 6/8. I get paid every other week and my paycheck distributed 6/10 had the payment taken out. The following paycheck 6/24 had NO payment taken out.

I will explain part of the reason it was so speedy. My attorney emailed me the order to stop the payment and I immediately emailed it to my payroll person on my job. Payroll took care of it ASAP and by luck the timing was in sync with the pay period end date which avoided an extra payment being made.

That being said I was refunded approximately a full payment because I overpaid during the previous pay period.

My attorney was on top of our discharge and emailed me much quicker than the information was sent by snail mail. That definitely sped up the process. We also had our online classes completed way ahead of time.

Comment

Woops looks like I never did say Congratulations Carmella! I am waaaaaay late to the party, just in time to do the dishes LOL!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X