Proof of Claim (POF) Deadline in FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof of Claim (POF) Deadline in FL

Hello again. What is the correct POF deadline in Florida. I am getting mixed answers. I have read some posts that states it is 90 days after the 341 meeting. I googled it and got a different answer; it states that creditors have 70 days to file POF after the petition filing date. Per Pacer, the POF deadline seems to be exactly 70 days after the date I filed. I just wanted to confirm. Thanks!

See Bankruptcy Rule 3002:

Or simply look at the bankruptcy notice that is sent to you and all creditors when the case is filed - you know, the one that gives you the date and time for the 341 Meeting.

Des.

Comment

Thank you Des.

Comment

The simplest, as Des writes and how I did/do it, is to look at the Bankruptcy Notice. In a Chapter 13, this is what is sent to the creditors and it has all the information that a creditor needs to file a claim. I would always go by the notice and not by my back-of-the-napkin calculation.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X