Discharged!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!!!

Wow that was quick! Now if we can get the closing this fast too.
    In this case, I don't mind 'the bums rush': thanks for coming, now get the heck out!

WooHoo!

Congratulations! What a relief it must be.

Comment

Well, there you go. Getting a Chapter 13 discharge.

Congratulations.

Just like that... you are among the post-discharge crowd.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats! Glad to finally see you guys survived the gauntlet over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by eap82 View Post
          Congratulations! What a relief it must be.
          Thanks! Yes it is a huge relief. I am very surprised how fast the Court moved on the discharge. We signed, emailed, and mailed the requisite forms to our attorney Wednesday of last week.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            Well, there you go. Getting a Chapter 13 discharge.

Congratulations.

Just like that... you are among the post-discharge crowd.
            Thank you JB! Man; so glad that's over with. I am a little under the weather today (something I ate) and when I saw the email from our attorney I felt a little ... physical reaction <hurl> heh... told my coworker - I need to get some fresh air, be right back... LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post
              Congrats! Glad to finally see you guys survived the gauntlet over the years.
              Thanks Flash! We appreciate that. You're almost there too!

Comment

Congrats on that discharge, you two!!!

Comment

Thanks VolFan !

Comment

How the heck did that happen so fast?! Congrats!

Comment

newlife13 - yes, it was quick! Thank you!

Couple things happened over the last 6 days, after we received the discharge:

We have both felt very tired, drained, yet relieved, that we got the discharge (although we are not yet 'done', since we need the close as well). So, little activity til today on the continued packing front.

So on our mortgage website, looks like there are no more weird lookin 'phantom' fees attached to our monthly payment, though there were a couple payments made through our escrow, and one or two 'advance' things. I still need to ask them about this, just so I understand.

@Barbisi's credit score rose by 25 points. Mine didn't move as much; maybe 11 points.

We got our fed and state tax returns status of: processing, in our bank account; phew! Glad we got that out of the way.
                      We have planned on moving these funds, and a good portion of money in our savings account, to our credit union account.
                      The intent is to have some collateral to work with, at our credit union, for secured credit cards, fixing up the house, etc.
                      Since we never, or at least rarely, use the credit union account, it would be much easier for us to manage and track home update expenses
                      for the home sale: ie, only use the credit union account for home update stuff.

We will be carefully reviewing, and implementing, info in shipo 's post about post-discharge credit improvement.
                      Last edited by Zombie13; 02-13-2022, 08:32 AM.

Comment

CONGRATS!!!! HURRAH!!!!!

So glad it's happening quickly for you and Barbisi

HOW EXCITING!!!!

March marks our 12 month countdown!!!!
                        I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Congratulations!! I’m so happy you get your lives back!! What are your plans going forward?
                          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thanks sophieanne ! For now, pack, pack, pack... Down to the multitude of small stuff... the 'clutter', but we are getting there. We have gotten quotes for paint and carpentry, need a quote for carpet as well. And we need a pre-inspection to make sure we have no systems issues. I am starting the job search/application process, and we still plan to sell the house and relocate to Washington this year, most likely in a few months. Gotta hustle!
                            Last edited by Zombie13; 02-20-2022, 08:54 AM.

Comment

And just like that--Discharge!!! Had to say CONGRATS a second time!!!!!
                              I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X