Increased income during Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Increased income during Chapter 13

In the state of Maryland, am I required to report to the Court if my income substantially increases? I asked my lawyer when I filed 2 years ago, and he said no. But I came across something on Google today that directly contradicted him.

I’m in a 100% plan, and my payment is already scheduled to go up when my car is paid off next May. Do I have to do another means test to pay even more?

If you're already scheduled to pay back 100% of your outstanding debt, then no, your payment will not go up. As for alerting the Trustee to an increase, speaking strictly from the perspective of a New Hampshire filing and not having been in a 100% plan, I needed to send each year's tax return forms to the Trustee, via my attorney; one year I had a 9.5% increase in income, albeit kind of hidden by increased contributions to my 401K, and the Trustee didn't blink.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

You know, I forgot about the tax returns I have to submit each year. He’s going to see the increase anyway.

Comment

If you're in a 100% plan this should not matter, at all. I also don't know why an attorney suggested a step up plan in a 100% plan, unless the car payment difference is what put you into a 100% plan.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yes, it is. The only way I could get to 100% was with the new payment plan. The trustee demanded it.

Comment

That makes sense.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X