Credit card income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit card income

I’m filing for chapter 7 and I realized I had inflated my income on credit card I believe I was making 36k and I made it 55k my meeting is in a couple weeks. I haven’t spent money on them or had any crazy purchases but I’m freaking out that I will have an AP after my hearing. Any advice?

Welcome to BKForum.

It would be up to the individual creditor to decide to pursue an AP (adversary proceeding). They don't happen as often as we, the bankrupt, expect them to happen. The only advice is just to wait and see what happens. As we say, it is what it is. If the creditor decides not to pursue an AP and then prove actual fraud, that would be a decision for that creditor. If it has been some time since you obtained that credit then the likelihood of an AP seems to decrease. This is especially true if you made regular payments.

For most creditors they just file a claim, if necessary, and expect the debt to be discharged. For a creditor to seek an AP for fraud would usually mean that the credit was obtained recently, the debtor made few if any payments towards the debt, and/or the creditor can prove that they relied on what you listed for income on your credit application. It just doesn't happen as often as it would seem.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X