top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish there weren't so many snarky people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Squarejaw View Post
    This can be a major problem on forums like this. And when I say, "major"......I mean major major.
    I agree, it's a "major" problem at times around this forum
    04/03/2008- Filed for BK CH7-Middle District of FL
    04/04/2008- Found out I have the more "laid back" trustee- the other one is a real bear, I hear. Yay!
    05/06/2008- 341 meeting held

Comment

Whatever...lighten up!
      Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
      CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
      Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorMike View Post
        Whatever...lighten up!
        Mike,
        Maybe you can help us chapter 7 people understand you better. That might help us all lighten up when you make a post that is clearly nasty or insulting. For example the person who posted the other day about being so HAPPY they were discharged and you responded with something about 9 more years. I think the majority of us are very confused as to why you keep doing things like that. Obviously the poster knew 9 more years before their credit was cleaned up but why at that moment of happiness for them did you feel like you needed to say something to remind them of the a major negative to filing bankruptcy?
        I honestly dont think its these people who need to lighten up but you who needs to do some soul searching. If your not happy with your life or your situation then do something to change it.LIfe is just to short and precious to waste by being so negative all the time.
        I know there are only words in front of your screen, but there are real live humans with feelings that read those words. Please just spend a few seconds before you post and think about who you very well might hurt or why you are posting what you are. If its got no good behind it then just dont post it. Or as I tell the kids... If you dont have anything nice to say then just dont say anything.

Edit to add: I just saw you posted something really nice and supportive to a poster who really seemed down today. Thank you.... it was nice to read.
        Last edited by momof5; 06-13-2008, 06:21 PM.
        5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
        8/27-DISCHARGED
        11/2 - CLOSED
        EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Comment

Whatever...lighten up!
          Isn't there a "rolling on the floor laughing" emoticon?

I have to agree with the poster above me. Mike, we're all here under some pretty rotten circumstances...would it kill ya to lend some compassion to a complete stranger?

I think, for the MAJORity, this board is compiled of some very friendly and helpful people. I have been to other boards that have ripped people to shreds for declaring bankruptcy, myself included. (being ripped apart, that is)

It's nice to have a place that you can consider "safe" and where others are in the same boat as you...scared and broke.

Have a nice night!
          Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
          341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
          Last day for objections: 7-14-08
          Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

I hope I haven't been snarky sometimes I'm kinda blunt about situations but I hope I don't hurt folks feelings or anything.
            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
              I hope I haven't been snarky sometimes I'm kinda blunt about situations but I hope I don't hurt folks feelings or anything.
              You are one of the best! I love reading your posts. You never come across 'snarky'(<----- never heard that word before but I like it ) Only informative and extremely helpful ALL the time!
              5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
              8/27-DISCHARGED
              11/2 - CLOSED
              EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Comment

Thanks mom
                May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

I am blunt, because I am too old to beat around the bush. I don't mean to hurt feelings if I do, but that is the way I am.

ETA: The only thing you have control over is how you react to different things. You can't control what someone says or what they mean by the words they post.
                  Last edited by Cali; 06-14-2008, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                    I am blunt, because I am too old to beat around the bush. I don't mean to hurt feelings if I do, but that is the way I am.
                    Cali, you're a sweetie!
                    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I hope no one feels intimidated or judged by my posts & choice of words. I have strong opinions on the off topic threads (like, I detest dickhead cheney & want his head UNDER MY LAWNMOWER!). When it comes to the BK side of this, I want people to know that I am trying to be helpful, reaching out with a gentle but firm hand & not insulting.

When people first come here, they are shipwrecked & confused & seriously injured. There are a couple of posters who are abrasive but they probably dont realize they are doing it, after all, others never view us the same way we view ourself.

If someone can't be understanding & respectful, then we will gang up on them & beat em up!

I am your private dancer, your dancer for money, I'll do what you want me to do.

Comment

Do I need my dollar bills just in case? LOL

Originally posted by Bandit View Post
                        I am your private dancer, your dancer for money, I'll do what you want me to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                          Do I need my dollar bills just in case? LOL

I was LMAO when I read that!! I even read to my husband he thinks I'm crazy and says I must not be on a BK website...lol.
                          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

*wink wink*

just one of those things that came out of nowhere, ROFL!

I think it is the Anesthesia from two days ago because I have not been all there since they sucked out my kidney bean through you know what.

*chuckles*

Comment

I understand what ya'll are saying, but BK is no picnic, and neither is the discharge. Its 7-10 years of cleaning up your credit. I have already admitted what a complete loser I am for letting myself get in this situation. I'm not talking about others, but myself as I've stated before. I'm not out to beat up anyone but damn, I wish someone would of beat up on me before i made a mess out of my life and shook me until I realized how stupid I am....yes, tough love works, and I wish someone would of given it to me. Being nice doesn't get you many places these days, unfortunately. Thanks all for being tough on me..I deserve it, and I can take it. ~Mike
                              Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
                              CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
                              Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Comment

I understand what ya'll are saying, but BK is no picnic, and neither is the discharge. Its 7-10 years of cleaning up your credit. I have already admitted what a complete loser I am for letting myself get in this situation. I'm not talking about others, but myself as I've stated before. I'm not out to beat up anyone but damn, I wish someone would of beat up on me before i made a mess out of my life and shook me until I realized how stupid I am....yes, tough love works, and I wish someone would of given it to me. Being nice doesn't get you many places these days, unfortunately. Thanks all for being tough on me..I deserve it, and I can take it. ~Mike

I've said to a few posters myself that I am usually forthright and straightforward in some of the things I am going to post in response to their posting just to warn them they may not like what I am going to have to say because what I will state is not cutesy and rose colored. Unfortunately, all posters will eventually find out how tough filing is and what is involved and what is being said to them and others. Debt causes bankruptcy although a lot of people have trouble with that fact. You cannot file bankruptcy without debt. People overwhelmed with debt sometimes just cannot figure out it is their fault they got there if it was due to overspending, having to have the latest gizmo, etc., etc. I am not referring to those who have become overwhelmed in medical bills due to something beyond their control, or those who loose their jobs and are OK prior to losing the job (it's when you have a lot of debt and lose that job is when the problems start - we've been in that situatoin and will never put ourselves in that position again).

You cannot explain experience to any filer who has not yet been through it themselves. Support and sympathy are wonderful things but some posters just do not get some things and maybe as Mike states, a little "tough love" never hurt anyone.

There is nothing like this forum on the 'net. When I first posted on another forum in 4/02 at the time of filing, I was blasted from this galaxy to the next by a troll who called me stupid and a liar as to my first initial posting about why we filed. We were told we should pay back all our debts and quit being a burden to society and having them pay our debts. This is what was and is still out there. I have never seen any posting/reponse like that to any poster in this forum.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X