No announcement yet.

Almost filing date...Jitters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haven't cut up the cc's yet and there is one that's got about $70 available that's not even late yet...you can have that one...LOL
    that could work....$70 can get me downtown i think.....downtown nowhere usa!!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

No prob. I'll charge FedEx delivery on it so you can get it tomorrow and be in time for meeting my friends
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
        No prob. I'll charge FedEx delivery on it so you can get it tomorrow and be in time for meeting my friends
        actually, i have lost so much weight i probably can fit into an overnight envelope!! that would be less than $70!! u think?
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

WTG b@lls to the wall Joe!!

I've finally made an appt with an attorney for next week. You've inspired me to just get on with it.
          Stopped paying 8/2010, Filed 2/2011, 341 3/2011 done, Report of no distribution . . . Discharged & Closed 5/2011!

Comment

that is GREAT oct!!

Comment

Originally posted by october99 View Post
              WTG b@lls to the wall Joe!!

I've finally made an appt with an attorney for next week. You've inspired me to just get on with it.
              Bring it on October. Now just be sure to KEEP that appointment, and maybe schedule another 2 with other attorneys to shop around...I didn't really shop for price but for comfort and work style.

Major first step bud, keep going!
              Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                actually, i have lost so much weight i probably can fit into an overnight envelope!! that would be less than $70!! u think?
                Seriously, here's something though. After my shakes and apprehension at signing, and my drinking....errrr...medicinal comforting post signing, I don't feel any different today, no weight off my shoulders...maybe I'm too calculating and made this a mechanical process already?

Comment

Seriously, here's something though. After my shakes and apprehension at signing, and my drinking....errrr...medicinal comforting post signing, I don't feel any different today, no weight off my shoulders...maybe I'm too calculating and made this a mechanical process already?
                  it will take a couple of days to sink in. i'm scary, no doubt, but you are on the right road to freedom for you and your family. you made the right decision...when it hits you and you begin to see the positive effects...then you be much better off.

Comment

Congratulations, ccsjoe! You have been very helpful on this forum. I, like a lot of others on here, wish we had stopped fighting the inevitable a bit sooner if it would have been possible to salvage ANY of our good credit, but it is what it is and NOW , evidently, was the correct time.. We are filed as of yesterday. I'm not sure exactly how I felt when I held the letter in my hand that stated we were already filed. I had not expected it for another week. The atty assured us (me) at the signing this week not to worry, everything is in order and ours is a simple case. NO ASSETS, everything exempted.
                    Being the perfectionist that I am, I was and am still concerned with
                    1) $ amounts in our accts and on hand not being the same as on the schedules, (we closed two accts per our attys advice but CU refused to let us close accts attached to their automatic payments) and we now have cash and checks on hand not yet redeposited. (More than $200)
                    2) What about our autos and the CU? Will they reaffirm without trying to penalize us for the money we bk'd with them? Will I end up surrendering my almost paid off vehicle or even both of them?
                    3) What now with our mortgage and the "supposed" review for mod period and our surrender of the house in bk?
                    Our 341 is on October 4th.
                    Am I even posting in the right place?

Comment

cantbreathe,

Thanks and Congrats to you as well!!!. On your concerns, if I am going to follow my attorney's attitude:

#1: No big deal, amounts don't have to be 100% exact, just not much variance (few hundred dollars ok). Now, this might be district specifc or trustee specific, but if you trust your attorney and he's not concerned, he may be mirroring my attorney.

#2: Can't talk about the cu's, they're their own little world and from what I've read there's no way to predict what they'll do. Initially though I'd presume they'd want to reaff the loans rather than lose money on a repo....but can't say anything for certain.

#3: I can't answer this, I rent, but there are many threads here, I believe under "foreclosure" that address loan mods during BK.

Breathe!!!

Comment

Cantbreathe, I have some experience with your first question. On my petition my attorney listed the amount of money in my accounts as unknown. Not sure why she did it that way, but I had to give the trustee my account statements that included the filing date. I watched an hour worth of 341 cases prior to mine and the trustee didn't ask anyone else for their bank statements, so I assume they had an amount listed. I wish she would have put the amount in, even if it was an approximation, but she has been a bk attorney for over 20 years, so I trust she knows what she is doing.

The trustee did not ask anyone about the cash they had on hand the day of filing. My attorney did put <$12 on my schedule.

I also had some changes since filing that I thought would need to be amended on the schedules, but I was told that since it was after filing I didn't need to worry about it. This included a job layoff and an addition of assets (a gift). Of course, each trustee is different, but I hope this helps. Hopefully everything will go smoothly so that you can breathe again!
                        Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
                        341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
                        Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

That seems to me to make more sense actually as realistically it is truthfully "UNKNOWN" unless you stop all activity in and out of a bank account prior to the $ amount being added to the schedules thus proving the filing date balances. I guess I think I have a unique situation but probably it isn't at all. The bank statements may show $0 to the trustee when the schedules says 4K+ but I can account for it. Personally, I would have liked for atty to amend them to show correct amounts before filing.

Comment

this "unknown" is perfectly legal and a good way to cover any amount....however, from what i understand now the amount exact amount doesn't matter...the most important thing that does is listing their correct name and mailing address.

amex was a perfect...they listed the FULL amounts owed to them in BOTH our names...so we listed them like 6 times!!!!! we had 3 cards of theirs...not big balances other than one was over 10k...

joe...is the perfect example of "HOW TO'' i think....although, i would liked to see him with less worry in between ....like we all didn't worry some......

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                              this "unknown" is perfectly legal and a good way to cover any amount....however, from what i understand now the amount exact amount doesn't matter...the most important thing that does is listing their correct name and mailing address.

amex was a perfect...they listed the FULL amounts owed to them in BOTH our names...so we listed them like 6 times!!!!! we had 3 cards of theirs...not big balances other than one was over 10k...

joe...is the perfect example of "HOW TO'' i think....although, i would liked to see him with less worry in between ....like we all didn't worry some......
                              Worry? What worry?

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
                                Worry? What worry?
                                if you didn't worry, then you wouldn't be normal...but you are doing the BEST for your family.

giving you and them a FRESH start and the best time in history to do it!

we just NEED to keep you away from PACER....i have to sent you an auto finger smacker...LOL!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X