The 14-Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
    It's more of a guideline than a rule. Just explain that you can't do the 90 days and you will ask the Court for permission to pay the him (the Trustee) over 12 months. Otherwise, I feel sorry for you.
    Thanks for feeling my pain, JB. I appreciate it.
    BTW. I looked this trustee up via Google. Seems the guy is trying to make a name for himself in the BK world. He has been a trustee for 2.5 yr, after being the term law clerk for the BK judge here. He's been writing papers and holding seminars and such for other trustees on how to go about successfully seizing property. If he's such a know-it-all, then why is he feeding me such garbage. He is obviously is aware of the guideline. I have been reading some of his Motions, Decision Memorandum's, and AP applications. I think he enjoys making life miserable for people. He's probably tearing the wings off of flies right now as we speak.

I will make the attempt tomorrow. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Comment

Yes, sounds like he's a hard-lined Trustee.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
        JB Dern, I wish you hadn't started this. Now I'M county the days. Hell I get up in the morning and look at my calendar and then bkforum to see what has happened.
        LMAO! I can just picture those hamsters....!! I, too, am following your thread to see the final outcome. However, I am glad you started this thread. Gives those of us something to look forward to each morning, and seeing your progress. Looking forward to day 14 with you celebrating, and doing the happy dance.

Comment

I apologize. I thought this would make the 14 days go faster, but at least the hamsters are enjoying themselves.
          LOL, yes it killed three gross of 'em. But yes, I am enjoying you enjoying this. You sure do deserve your hamster dance after all you have endured.

I have ordered three dozen, but of course they will have to be trained. By day 14 I promised you two Victory dances. One for Pro se', and one for VICTORY!!!

You are greatly appreciated here. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hi Folks,

I've been doing Census work a lot, and cannot yet read carefully through all that you have written.
            So, I only relate one experience I had today under the possible title "Chronicles of a Census Worker".
            Outside a gated condominion complex, here in West Los Angeles, I dailed a targeted resident. He said he was too busy to respond and hung up. I called back (from outside his complex) and said I'd like to set up an app't with him. He said "If you call me one more time, I will call the police."
            I replied: "Sir. I am working right now for the US Federal Gov't."

gf

Comment

Originally posted by Goldfish View Post
              Hi Folks,

I've been doing Census work a lot, and cannot yet read carefully through all that you have written.
              So, I only relate one experience I had today under the possible title "Chronicles of a Census Worker".
              Outside a gated condominion complex, here in West Los Angeles, I dailed a targeted resident. He said he was too busy to respond and hung up. I called back (from outside his complex) and said I'd like to set up an app't with him. He said "If you call me one more time, I will call the police."
              I replied: "Sir. I am working right now for the US Federal Gov't."

gf
              Some of my friends around here are doing the door to door thing. Not something I envy them in this heat. You be careful out there.

Comment

Thank you Mrs. Cat. I'll tell you one thing... do not fly with laryngitis or whatever it is I have. My left ear still hurts! But, I think the prayers worked 'cause I haven't become any more sick and don't feel like I have a cold.

So, Day 5 of the 14 day Thread, feeling better but certainly not 100%

It's the weekend so no activity on PACER. No I didn't check.
                Hey jb. For earache, I find it helps to take an eye dropper and drip some hydrogen peroxide into the ear canal. Yeah it makes that weird bubbling sound for a few minutes. Sometimes it even stings. But only briefly. But if you have any infection in there it will help clear it up. My allergies bring it on, and I hate running to the doctor for every little thing. If I can clear it up myself first, I do that. If it doesn't work, then I go to the dr.

Comment

Thanks tiger, but it's a laryngeal problem (sore throat, then couldn't speak for about a day). Probably the onset of the flu, but my flu symptoms are atypical. I usually don't have a cough, but do expect lots of phlegm. The first day is the roughest when I do get sick, as that usually includes a low-grade fever and wide-spread muscular pain, combined with a sore throat.

I think I'm over it now.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks tiger, but it's a laryngeal problem (sore throat, then couldn't speak for about a day). Probably the onset of the flu, but my flu symptoms are atypical. I usually don't have a cough, but do expect lots of phlegm. The first day is the roughest when I do get sick, as that usually includes a low-grade fever and wide-spread muscular pain, combined with a sore throat.

I think I'm over it now.
                    Yeah, I do know that feeling...too well...I am very glad you are feeling better now, especially since you have to travel. At least if I feel train wrecked, I can go to bed and make excuses only to my dogs. My mystery malaise is lingering, but like I say, I think this bout is allergies, not a flu. No fever. Cough, congestion, Thursday I could hardly move - just exhausted for no good reason. Friday I felt perfectly fine. Yesterday I had a migraine. Today I feel fine. I should be working on stuff while I feel ok, but I don't want to disturb the puppy sleeping in my lap.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                      Some of my friends around here are doing the door to door thing. Not something I envy them in this heat. You be careful out there.
                      A quick story along these lines to help keep JB distracted...

A family friend had some people together at his house a few weeks ago. One of them is a nephew with Aspergers/ASD. They left two girls in care of the nephew while they went down the street to pick up pizza.

They came home to the couch pushed up against the closet and the two girls behind the couch yelling "don't go in there, there's a troll in there!".

While they were gone a Census worker had come to the door. He was a dwarf. The nephew is a pretty big guy and picked him right up and locked him in the closet -- saying he was a troll and wanted to keep the girls safe from him.

You really do never know what to expect when you're doing door to door kind of work...

Comment

Day 6 of the 14 Day Thread. Well, the weekend winds down and I have no expectations for the final week of "JB Watch". Back at my work location and all is well. Had a little trouble with air pressure and the airplane again, but I'm good now.

Now I'm just going to concentrate on worrying about my Adversary Proceeding. At this point, if the UST bothers me, I have a plausible defense to any motion to extend because they a.) never showed up at my 341 meeting, b.) never asked for a Rule 2004 Examination, c.) never requested additional documentation, and d.) waited until the last minute to say they need more time.

Of course, I hope they just keep their mouths shut.

Comment

Day 6 of the 14 Day Thread. Well, the weekend winds down and I have no expectations for the final week of "JB Watch". Back at my work location and all is well. Had a little trouble with air pressure and the airplane again, but I'm good now.

Now I'm just going to concentrate on worrying about my Adversary Proceeding. At this point, if the UST bothers me, I have a plausible defense to any motion to extend because they a.) never showed up at my 341 meeting, b.) never asked for a Rule 2004 Examination, c.) never requested additional documentation, and d.) waited until the last minute to say they need more time.

Of course, I hope they just keep their mouths shut.
                          Sounds more like vindictiveness to me than any legit causes.

Hey our flu lasted 7 days. Still have cold symptoms. Same deal, starts feeling like allergies, low grade fever not above 100, crappy feeling and no energy. Not stuffed up but running thank goodness. No taste. Other than that the flu was great. 'Hub
                          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Almost half way there. We are in your corner hoping all goes smoothly.

I will be asking my trustee for the 12 months, zero interest on the $3200. Is there something I should be getting in writing? Especially since he wants me to drop the Motion to dismiss?

Comment

Originally posted by moonflower View Post

I will be asking my trustee for the 12 months, zero interest on the $3200. Is there something I should be getting in writing? Especially since he wants me to drop the Motion to dismiss?
                              It seems to me that you should ask the judge to approve those terms -- via a motion and proposed order.

Maybe you could draft a stipulated (or agreed) order, sign it and file it with the court, and then the trustee might look like the @ss he truly is if he doesn't agree to it.

But I'm not 100% sure which is most appropriate. Hopefully somebody else will chime in and give us both a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post

But I'm not 100% sure which is most appropriate. Hopefully somebody else will chime in and give us both a clue.
                                That would be helpful. Especially since he seems desperate to have me rescind the motion to dismiss.

Anyone?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X