No announcement yet.

The 14-Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bittersweet. I still have the adversary to deal with. However, this was a good case and probably goes to show that doing a back-door Chapter 13 isn't necessarily worth it. My lender withdrew their foreclosure lawsuit as well! (Just received the paperwork the other day.)

My discharge order is too simplistic to me. I was expecting more.
    Last edited by justbroke; 05-25-2010, 04:20 PM.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

If you're bored... could you figure out how many days til MY discharge? Then I will start a countdown thread too. lol.

Comment

30 x 54 = 1,632 days? LOL!

Only start a 1,632 day thread... if you have 1,632 different things to talk about. Even I waited until the last 14 days. LOL
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I DO have 1,632 things to talk about. But. Some of them would probably get me kicked off the forum. lol

Comment

JB: We be out of town too long. In motel with wifi. Router was not working correctly, I could have fixed it in one half hour, but the 'Petel's" (aren't they all?) could not get permission for me to fix their router. Of Course there was no alternative where we were. So we were out of touch and now that I've read through all these days. You know our situation, probably, not as complicated as yours, but close. We made it. You will too.

For all the help you have done for others, you sure do deserve a break.

Mrs. C. and I are praying for you. No news is ALWAYS good news. Any NEWS makes us have to DO SOMETHING. I'm tired. I'm retired. I don't want to do anything. But now, I have a house to rebuild.

Those who think retirement is Heaven, it really means, you work, twice as hard, for half as much.

Or in our case, you work as far as the money goes, then you work to maintain. Love in God to all of you. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Well 'Hub, I can't wait until you catch up on the threads you misse4d. Hint, Hint.

Comment

JB, et. al.

I need to catch up too on this thread. Just writing now to say 'hi'.

I'm one week away from 341 and today went to Public Counsel (downtown LA), then over to the US Trustees room to see what it was like. Yes, Tiger I do think of you as related to Figurero. Quite a venture to find it. -- long walk from the courthouse]
                [If you want to know the exact questions asked in the 341 (in I guess this Chapt 7 context) I can recite them. Very very simple quick questions-- looks boring as hack to do that job as Trustee.

Incidentally, JB, the woman I've been meeting (at Public Counsel) said she does have license to practice before the LA Central District Court. Apparently, when she is not doing non-profit, she's presenting before court.

She told me that my unfiled 2005-6 IRS taxes would not be a problem (recall, I was not attempting to write them off. That's real relief; don't have to deal with it now. But recall I'm a "no asset" case so what should be their interest anyway?)

She told me she was happy I got the Trustee I did.
                She told me, my creditors (3 major Credit Card Companies: Chase, BofA, AMEX) would not present a problem.

Very importantly: I ask you: She said I don't need PACER. That it was only for lawyers needing to check whether you had filed BK before.

Glad to be back in touch, GF

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                  Well 'Hub, I can't wait until you catch up on the threads you misse4d. Hint, Hint.
                  I missed 4d? That's a lot of reading. One thing I have less than money is time. My time is so occupied. This "retirement" is killing me.

The trip was good. But coming home I now see tall grass, a dead thing somewhere in the house, and very skinny cats. LOL 'Hub
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I sympathize with the amount of work to be done. Yet it sounds like a fantastic place.

P.S. How do you know there is something dead in your house?

Comment

GF! You walked from the courthouse to Fig??? (cringe) I bet I know the route you took and don't do that again. It's not safe. There is one relatively safe route to walk, but I can't remember the names of the streets anymore to tell you with any accuracy.

Comment

hi, good to hear from you.

I was totally safe, and that's coming from a savvy new-yorker (who once got off an express subway in Harlem).

Basically, I needed to walk south to 7th St, and west to Figueroa [past Main, Spring, Hill, Olive, Hope, Flower.] I needed a map to navigate; I know so little of downtown LA, I was intrigued by the cable car; "Angeles" something or other. I know there's an historic cable car somewhere down there. [I guess around Pershing Sq.] I was slightly interested to know the 'lay of the land' there. And felt myself for a moment being in Manhattan.

Census update:
                        [I've been accused of stalking twice.]
                        One young woman reported tonight that she didn't know her origin or race having been abandoned on the side of a highway when she was an infant. It took years for her foster parents to change her name from 'jane doe'.

GF

Comment

Originally posted by Goldfish View Post
                          JB, et. al.

Very importantly: I ask you: She said I don't need PACER. That it was only for lawyers needing to check whether you had filed BK before.

GF
                          True and not true, as is the case with EVERY attorney I've known. Pacer is used by attorneys needing to check on prior BK's, but the word ONLY is incorrect. It is also used for electronic filings. It can also be used by individuals, like you and I, to check on our case as it progresses through the system. This way you can see for yourself what is happening with less surprises. For a mere eight cents a page, I would want want to see who has filed what motion on my case. Why wouldn't your attorney want to keep you in the dark? Something to ponder. are you sure you have the right person acting on YOUR behalf?

Comment

lol, I have never been to New York, but I never would have walked 7th. I went one block up from there on Fig. There's a mall, post office, a flower shop, a burger king on that street....A little bit round about but somewhat safer.

Isn't Flower Street where the hospitals dump the homeless people off after they've been treated? I think so. Or the next one over? Every once in a while you would read an uproar about it in the paper, and then it would die down and the practice would continue.

Comment

Thank you so much Moonflower,

I do intend to sign up; just need to find the time to read about how to do so. [I know there's info on this forum.]
                              I wanted to find out today from this Public Counsel person-- then there was a fire alarm. Everybody had to exit the building. And then go through security for the second time (meaning another half hour at least in line) It was ridiculous. Public Counsel remained open beyond it's normal hours to accomodate the situation. But we had to be fast then. Crazy day.
                              more later

Comment

Originally posted by Goldfish View Post
                                Thank you so much Moonflower,

I do intend to sign up; just need to find the time to read about how to do so.
                                more later
                                Took less than 5 minutes to register for a Pacer acct. But it sounds like you have time since you haven't had your 341 meeting yet. Just don't be intimidated by what they tell you. Pacer is the easy part. the rest is scary....but that's why you have us at this forum. To calm your fears. We are here for you. I know they have been here for me, and I can tell you first hand, I don't know who I would have turned to without JB, Tigergen, HHM, and all the rest.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X