No announcement yet.

The 14-Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moonflower, your hearing is on a Sunday??? (It's Saturday today.)

By the way, it's Day 12 of "JB Watch". Nothing new to report because it's the weekend!!!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

LOL. Guess I'm screwed up, and just wanting to get the hearing over with. OK. I'll concede today is Saturday and I will have to wait an additional day for the hearing on Monday.

Never been to Busche Gardens. Let me know all the fun you have. Are you a major coaster fan?

And let me know when you have the t-shirts made. I'll be first in line to buy one.

Wait. Maybe I should design and market them for you. Make some money to pay for the car.

I may be on to something here??!!?

Comment

T-shirts? How about an entire line of designer clothing... the Just Broke line.

Well, Day 13 of "JB Watch". Yes, it's Day 13 and tomorrow is the day of days. I will stay out of PACER until at least 6PM because I'll be at work all day.

I think my creditor that I sued in an adversary proceeding has seen the light, because they have just zeroed out the old bill and two months of NEW BILLING! Perhaps they'll think that is sufficient to get me to withdraw the complaint. We'll see.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Its amazing isn't it...what it takes to get "the light" to be seen. Is the world walking around with blinders on? What ever happened to "do the right thing"? Guess I live in some kind of alternate world, huh?

I am in the process of designing the "Just Broke" line of clothing, bumper stickers, and (drum roll, please), stationary items. I think I'm on to something here. Post-It Notes, Pencils, binders and folders, etc. Think Staples and Just Broke are counter intuitive? Hmmmmmm. Let me think this through.

I will be watching for Day 14. Good luck to you and me!!!!!!!!

Comment

Day 14 of "JB Watch". Nothing in PACER. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

Something must be wrong.

Comment

What do you mean something is wrong? You mean it's blank? I was just freaking out a little bit because a claims objection I mailed last Wednesday? Or Thursday? Hasn't shown up in there yet as filed.

Comment

Looks like it's been a long road for you. This definitley has to have been quite an experience that you will never forget. be proud of your accomplishment and good luck on your new financial life !

Comment

Day 14 and Nothing, Nothing, Nothing...be thankful. Or are you that glass half empty kinda guy? Celebrate the nothing because "something" might not be what you are lookin for.

FYI. Went to my hearing today on my dismissal. Went as I suspected since the Judge and Trustee worked together over the past 3 years before he became a trustee.

I did as suggested here in the forum. I asked the judge for a 6 months (I hear 11 months is customary) to pay for the car so as not to cause a hardship. The judge said maximum 60 days as that was what the trustee was asking for. i conceded the 60 days, and the F**ing trustee said he changed his mInd and since he had to file an objection to my my dismissal, it would cost 30 days. So he would only accept payment in full in 30 days. Period. End of conversation. And the freaking judge rolled over and said "30 day s it is."

And not only that but when I asked for an order of stipulation on the agreement, the judge said "And order is not necessary unless you change your mind and not pay as agreed." Huh??? So you want me to pay FIRST, then you'll make the order? They just smiled at each other. It was sickening.

After I left the courthouse and spoke with the trustee about the Order/Stipulation, the SOB just grinned and said " Welcome to Idaho. I get your check by June 18 or I'll see your car in my lot. Don't thoink of stripping it though or I'll have your ass in jail." Then he went jauntily on his way.

I thought BK was a way to regain solvency. Not as a means to get your rocks off at the means of others. I guess the term "trustee" is not meant to be literal. (yes, I am being pissy.)

But still I hope you, JB, get your discharge manana. Good luck and good wishes.

Comment

Wow moonflower. That story is... I dunno... appalling. And you are doing this on no order? That just seems wrong. Even my bankruptcy clerks told me early on that every action that takes place in the bankruptcy case has a logical written conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                      Day 14 of "JB Watch". Nothing in PACER. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

Something must be wrong.
                      Look... I would so really like to say "congrats".... but I don't really want to bring you any bad luck...

All I'm going to say is that you worked really hard on your case and helped a lot of people along the way... if anyone deserves a discharge is you.

Have a great night

Comment

Originally posted by GWBcasualty View Post
                        Look... I would so really like to say "congrats".... but I don't really want to bring you any bad luck...

All I'm going to say is that you worked really hard on your case and helped a lot of people along the way... if anyone deserves a discharge is you.

Have a great night
                        Ok color me slow. GWBcasualty. I just "got" what your nickname means. Here, all along I was thinking you had named yourself after an insurance company.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke;415422[B
                          ]T-shirts? How about an entire line of designer clothing... the Just Broke line.[/B]
                          Heyyyy! You might have a new winning business in this economy! You deserve a smooth, uneventful BK after all the hard work you have had with your Ch 13 and your conversion to Ch 7.
                          Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                          Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                            Wow moonflower. That story is... I dunno... appalling. And you are doing this on no order? That just seems wrong. Even my bankruptcy clerks told me early on that every action that takes place in the bankruptcy case has a logical written conclusion.
                            Not a dime goes to the SOB until I have something official. The judge won't give me an order, so I am filing a Stipulated Agreement laying out the terms as agreed in court. I ordered the court transcript so I have something in the meantime. If the SOB Trustee doesn't sign the stipulation then I'm going to file another motion for an official order.

Judge said he was there ONLY to hear the facts on wanting a dismissal. If I want a hearing on the asset then I would need to file another motion. So be it. I am in the live and learn category.

JB: Day 14? Are we breaking ot the Don Perion?

Comment

Well, I have a question about discharges in my other thread...

Comment

Wow jb, that question is heavy. I don't have the answer for that one.

Oh wait. Yes I do.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X