No announcement yet.

Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ironically within hours of our voting polls opening in our state yesterday, our gas prices jumped an immediate $.15/gallon....hmmmm.... Doesn't take a genius to figure out that the oil and refinery folks thought they had influenced us as much as they could by lowering the price for awhile and it was time to return to the normal level of "gouge" and profit. I'm thinking we will see more price jumps in the days to come.

Hopefully our newly shifted Congress will be able to bring some accountability by the oil and gasoline companies back into this situation.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I didn't notice any price increases here.
      The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Paid $2.13 this morning for gas.
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

2.25 this morning at 711....I filled up the 4runner totally for $30....figured it might be higher by Friday/Payday!
          Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
          Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

I gassed up last night at a local Hess for $2.19, these teeter-tottering gas prices are pathetic! There's no justification for this either, which makes matters worse!

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
              I gassed up last night at a local Hess for $2.19, these teeter-tottering gas prices are pathetic! There's no justification for this either, which makes matters worse!
              Energy prices are traded on the open market, so as long as we have conflict in the middle east, prices will be inflated due to speculation alone.

Comment

Originally posted by FilingOnMyOwn View Post
                Energy prices are traded on the open market, so as long as we have conflict in the middle east, prices will be inflated due to speculation alone.
                That's just another one of the many "explanations" that have been thrown at us. They said prices were hight because of: rapid population growth, hurricanes, supply/demand, etc......lol

Comment

That's just another one of the many "explanations" that have been thrown at us. They said prices were hight because of: rapid population growth, hurricanes, supply/demand, etc......lol
                  Actually, speculation in the marketplace is the only true 'explanation' for the price. Just like the iran/iraq war in the 80's, the iraq gulf war of the 90's, and the war in iraq today. I guarantee that the world would be much better off if the countries of iran and iraq didn't exist, or any of the oil that is present there, and prices would still be even lower despite the loss of supply. Regardless of the reasons given for speculation, huge inflows of money will bid up the prices. Remember the tech/internet bubble? $1 stocks going to $1000 then back to zer0? Nasdaq 5000? Speculation caused all of it.
                  Last edited by FilingOnMyOwn; 12-08-2006, 04:28 AM.

Comment

I was in the Camden, Maine area this past weekend, and the average cost for 83 octane was $2.44, I don't know how folks in this neck of the woods are surviving the fuel expense!
                    Last edited by HRx; 01-03-2007, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Tell me about it HRx. I just don't get the up and down thingy with the cost of fuel. One day it's up, the next day it's down. What gives? If there's a shortage, then the price wouldn't change so frequently as it does. Then all of the sudden it drops, and there's no longer a shortage. Yeah right. It's a damn conspiracy I think.
                      Bankruptcy History:
                      Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
                      Discharged - 02/16/2006
                      Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by BassBoy View Post
                        Tell me about it HRx. I just don't get the up and down thingy with the cost of fuel. One day it's up, the next day it's down. What gives? If there's a shortage, then the price wouldn't change so frequently as it does. Then all of the sudden it drops, and there's no longer a shortage. Yeah right. It's a damn conspiracy I think.
                        I do believe that there's corporate gas gouging taking place. There hasn't been enough evidence to support the theory of a global fuel shortage. I would like to know how much of a profit gas stations are making on the fuel they sell. We're just becoming more acclimated to the increased fuel costs, just the way the corporate hogs anticipated we would. All we're doing is readjusting how we spend our monies, so that we can afford to pay for the increased fuel prices! With the way prices are increasing, we'll be paying $3.00 per gallon by the second quarter of 2007...that's "only" a $0.70 increase for me!!!

Comment

If we were running out of fuel it'd be twenty bucks a gallon.

My corner Shell, $2.39 for Regular and 2.62 for premium.
                          "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

I do believe that there's corporate gas gouging taking place. There hasn't been enough evidence to support the theory of a global fuel shortage. I would like to know how much of a profit gas stations are making on the fuel they sell. We're just becoming more acclimated to the increased fuel costs, just the way the corporate hogs anticipated we would. All we're doing is readjusting how we spend our monies, so that we can afford to pay for the increased fuel prices! With the way prices are increasing, we'll be paying $3.00 per gallon by the second quarter of 2007...that's "only" a $0.70 increase for me!!!
                            Most local gas stations operate on a commission of around 8%. And about half that goes to maintainance, operation and upkeep of the fuel dispensing pumps. It takes alot of electricity to pump all that fuel from the underground tanks into your car. That being said, when gas stations made 4-5 cents profit on a gallon of gas 5-10 years ago, they now make 10-15 per gallon cents net profit now.

Once again, the refiners and big oil companies have little to do with the price of fuel. The markets determine energy prices, and energy companies pass on their costs to their customers. Their operating profit margins are usually in the 10% range. Cut 10% off the pump price of gasoline, and the big oil companies would not earn a profit.

However, so far in the first 2 trading days of 07 the market price of crude has crashed 10% literally overnight.

Expect to see gas prices this winter drop to near $2 and possibly even less for a short period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by FilingOnMyOwn View Post
                              Once again, the refiners and big oil companies have little to do with the price of fuel. The markets determine energy prices, and energy companies pass on their costs to their customers. Their operating profit margins are usually in the 10% range. Cut 10% off the pump price of gasoline, and the big oil companies would not earn a profit.
                              Once again, the market hasn't proven that fuel usuage has spiked to warrant the cost of fuel. Oil companies have made record breaking profits for the past 24 months. The trend of supply/demand for fuel doesn't equate to the prices that we're being charged. A third party investigation really needs to be conducted to on the major fuel hogs. These bozos are making billions at our expense!!

Comment

Paid $1.99/gallon this morning for regular gas in Kansas City, MO. I can't remember the last time I saw gas under $2.00 here....wow!

Yet another indication that the gouging prices we consumers been paying for the last year have NOTHING to do with supply and demand. Just an oil- friendly Congress who looked the other way while the oil companies raked in billions at the expense of our citizens. Greedy bastards.
                                I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                                06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                                07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                                10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                                01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                                09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                                06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                                08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                                Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X