No announcement yet.

Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came across $3.00 for regular unleaded this evening...
    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Were you in Hialeah behind someones house and pumping from a 55 gallon drum? LOL.
      "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Man all the prices by me are a lot higher then 3.00.
        Trying to get some [URL Removed] for my problems.

Comment

Not sure...I lucked out I supposed. The gas station that was selling regular unleaded for $3.00 is typically one of the cheapest places in town.
          The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

The government, et al needs to start realizing the that absorbant cost of fuel is major factor that already is, or is going to keep keep this country in a recession. While it's true that consumers will continue to keep paying the inflated price of gas. But the outcome of doing so for such a great length of time...means less spending on other things, because thier budgets are off out of whack from the gas prices.

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
              The government, et al needs to start realizing the that absorbant cost of fuel is major factor that already is, or is going to keep keep this country in a recession. While it's true that consumers will continue to keep paying the inflated price of gas. But the outcome of doing so for such a great length of time...means less spending on other things, because thier budgets are off out of whack from the gas prices.
              Yes. This is where it keeps going to back to where the leaders are in the fishing pond & the people they
              lead are not allowed to catch any fish. It is not just the U.S. though, it is like that everywhere you look and in everything that there is a need for.

My natural gas bill last month was 394.00 that is with two wood stoves burning constantly...so you can see the people are going to be paying very high utilities, that went up 71% last year, 52% this year & 60% the year before.

It is like people are being forced into this tiny sausage tube & you can only wonder what the other side is going to look like.

Comment

It cost me $774 for 3/4 tank of oil to heat my house last month...If my memory is right the cost was about $3.21 per gallon.

Comment

It cost me $774 for 3/4 tank of oil to heat my house last month...If my memory is right the cost was about $3.21 per gallon.

Isn't that a lot for you though? I don't know about oil, just natural gas. That sounds like a lot of oil, well not so much a lot of oil but a high price to pay & because of the extreme cold lasting so long, you used a lot.

I know a couple of years ago people were not aware of the prices & they were making payments on their heat bill all the way through the summer to catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit View Post
                    Isn't that a lot for you though? I don't know about oil, just natural gas. That sounds like a lot of oil, well not so much a lot of oil but a high price to pay & because of the extreme cold lasting so long, you used a lot.

I know a couple of years ago people were not aware of the prices & they were making payments on their heat bill all the way through the summer to catch up.
                    Do you mean a lot for me in terms of price? Yes, it was...when I got the bill I thought it was a typo! It was about 241 gallons of oil. The oil is used to heat the house and water. I keep my thermostat at 60 degrees during the day just to keep prevent the pipes from freezing. I remember back in '00 when the house I owned had used gas...and I got a gas bill over $1,000! lol This was during the initial gas spike that occured when Bush took office.

Comment

I just read that "Oil prices hit a record $105.10 a barrel"...now what does this translate into at the pump? I didn't have a chance to see what the price was today. I have a half tank of fuel left in my car, and I will fill up the tank tomorrow. It really peeves me the way they increase the price on Fridays (pay day)!! Truely unbelievable!! I'm just going to use mid-grade fuel instead of the premium though.

Comment

Well, we all play with gas/oil, live with gas/oil, and die by it too...

Btw, you guys need to check your house' heat loss & cooling efficiency. HVAC guys all have special devices measuring your house by their going around all windows, doors, wall insulation, roof, etc. They will let you know which items are leaking heat and which need to be replaced/corrected/insulated. That $$ is too much to live & die.

Comment

I wish inefficiency was a problem with my home...so I could "fix" the problem, and save me some money. Unfortunately, my house is solid a rock and is less than 7 years old, and was also built with top notch windows, doors etc. Oil heating has historically been considered as expensive...but believe it or not...the majority of homes are heated using oil in Massachusetts. The problem is the price per gallon of oil. I paid $3.21 two months ago...I can only imagine what the price is today! The price for about 240 gallons used to average/range between $400 - $500 quarterly...which is about $166.00 per month if when you break down the cost.

Comment

I wish inefficiency was a problem with my home...so I could "fix" the problem, and save me some money. Unfortunately, my house is solid a rock and is less than 7 years old, and was also built with top notch windows, doors etc. Oil heating has historically been considered as expensive...but believe it or not...the majority of homes are heated using oil in Massachusetts. The problem is the price per gallon of oil. I paid $3.21 two months ago...I can only imagine what the price is today! The price for about 240 gallons used to average/range between $400 - $500 quarterly...which is about $166.00 per month if when you break down the cost.
                            This is an incredibly high amount of money to heat your home in winter. I believe you when you say the problem isn't your house, but the cost of heating oil. It's still shocking to me. Do you live near Boston? I understand that the cost of living around the Boston area is higher than the rest of the state.

I'm in Florida so we need the central a/c almost year-round. Because I now live in a 2-bedroom condo my average electric bill is only around $130-$150/month. That's with raising the thermostat to 82 degrees when we leave the house for the day, and a lot of other conservation measures. But my sister, who has a 4-bedroom home nearby, gets a $400-$500 electric bill each month. She has a pool, though. But still, her bill pales in comparison to yours.

We all need to hang in there, I guess. But how much longer can we hang on?
                            BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

Yup...it's definately expensive to have oil heating this day in age, especially if you live in the northeast where the cost per gallon is so high. Because of the recent spike in fuel cost...my quarterly oil bill increased by approximately $200 truley unbelievable!! All I can really do is be extra conservative with heat and hot water...so I burn less oil on a quarterly basis. Nope, I don't live in the Boston area...but the cost per gallon of oil in Boston is even higher than what we pay south of Boston!!

Comment

$4.00 per gallon diesel in my area! Out in California $4.35 for regular! $3.45 for reg here.
                                "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X