Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLBK7 View Post
    This is an incredibly high amount of money to heat your home in winter. I believe you when you say the problem isn't your house, but the cost of heating oil. It's still shocking to me. Do you live near Boston? I understand that the cost of living around the Boston area is higher than the rest of the state.

I'm in Florida so we need the central a/c almost year-round. Because I now live in a 2-bedroom condo my average electric bill is only around $130-$150/month. That's with raising the thermostat to 82 degrees when we leave the house for the day, and a lot of other conservation measures. But my sister, who has a 4-bedroom home nearby, gets a $400-$500 electric bill each month. She has a pool, though. But still, her bill pales in comparison to yours.

We all need to hang in there, I guess. But how much longer can we hang on?
    Oh my G*d!!!!!
    Well, you know I'm in SRQ...I don't even use my (box...lmaorotfl here....) a/c machine during right now...and I have NO heat...my bill (through that thing with FPL...where you pay the same fee all the time...is $70/mo.....I don't even cook with the stove...my FPL bill is always between 65 & 70 with two tv's and a/c running only between June & Oct during the evening.
    I did have a gas bill last month, when we had our like, what 10 days total of 40 degree weather....it was $98...when it's usually $20...
    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
    Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Everyone's credit card is maxed out from using them to pay for thier car's gas...
      The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

HRx, that is not a joke... I mean that is literally true... hurts my wallet every month.
        "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

FLBK, I have to hang on, high prices here are killing me. For the sake of my retirement I have to hang on. I know of several who are at the end of their DROP term but only have about 17 or 18 years. They are at the end of the 5 year DROP period and regret having signed on in much better times.
          "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

I cost me $30.00 for a half tank of gas last night. The person that used the pump before me paid for $7.00 worth of gas...that's just a little more than two gallons worth. Hell most folks can fart more than $7.00 worth of gas.
            The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

People who spend little bucks ($3-$7..) here & there actually spend MORE than "full-tank" folks because they either MUST driving around everyday looking for bargains/stations to fill more or less, or they must STOP frequently at traffic/corner intersections (every hours/days after few miles) or to fill some little bit more to get going as needed$, etc., thus actually causing their car engines SIPPING/WASTING more little gas & their brake pads worn more ....for NOTHING MORE benefits!

Comment

As compared to the Costco-Safeway shopping scenario, people tend to buy cheaper bulk at Costco to save over little items at Safeway. But for gasoline scenario, the (time + distance + gas$) needed to fill a little gas here & there as needs arised is ALWAYS MORE than the (time + distance + gas$) to fill a full tank ahead.

But then again, when gas cost comes to certain DANGEROUS thresholds (> $4.50-$5-$6), EVERYONE normal folk is a looser!.... Only the rich is a winner after all!

Conclusion :: Rich becomes richer, $$ makes more $$!!... and POOR becomes POORER!!

Comment

Originally posted by robivi3 View Post
                  HRx, that is not a joke... I mean that is literally true... hurts my wallet every month.
                  Robivi...it wasn't meant to be a joke...gas prices are affecting everyone nowadays. Hence, the severe drop in consumer discrentionary spendings. Many folks have resulted to working OT if offered by thier employer, and/or working second jobs just to keep up with the additional expensive caused by gas prices.
                  Last edited by HRx; 03-13-2008, 06:11 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

These gas prices are severely crippling...it's actually damn scary! Because the expensive is compounding to fast for the average earners monthly income! If gas prices continue to escalate like this...there will probably be a total "collapse" of our economy.

Comment

Yes, if world/US economy collapes, it is because of everything DEPENDANT on gas/oil supply, then I would say it is a new type of oil-DEPRESION era.

Back in 1929-1930 (Great DEPRESSION), mostly everybody runs on water-engines, old train/locomotive heads ran on steam-water, and milk delivery men rode horses, or people walking on foot, rode bicycles, factories ran on manual/human/hand labor, etc. Nobody knows the devastating effects on gas/oil on any economy yet. They only knew of "speculation".

Now, welcome to my new definition of "OIL-DEPRESSION" of this 21st century!.

But well, let see, maybe we will survive. Hopefully, after election and 2009.. da sun will shine again, and nobody will suffer more.

Comment

Originally posted by robivi3 View Post
                        FLBK, I have to hang on, high prices here are killing me. For the sake of my retirement I have to hang on. I know of several who are at the end of their DROP term but only have about 17 or 18 years. They are at the end of the 5 year DROP period and regret having signed on in much better times.
                        I've been following your posts and by now I'm 95% sure that you and I work for the same county department, but at different locations. My position was eliminated in the second round of budget cuts, btw. Fortunately I'm not unemployed or demoted. I was reassigned to the same position but at a different location -- which requires a much longer commute. I can no longer ride the train to work, and the astronomical gas prices are hurting my finances big time.

But as you probably know, things are very bad not only in our department, but throughout the entire county. I consider myself fortunate to still have a job. Now let's see what happens in the next round of budget cuts.......

These are very uneasy times, not just for us in Florida, but for every single American throughout the country.
                        BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

We had our first round of layoffs yesterday...it was a very sad day.

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
                            We had our first round of layoffs yesterday...it was a very sad day.
                            Congrats!!

Comment

I supposed some twisted mentalities would think so...

Comment

Paid $3.32 for regular yesterday, and this wasn't for brand-name gas such as BP, Shell, Mobil, or the like. This was for "Liberty" gas, whatever that is. Brand-name is going for $3.39 and up down here.

I know life goes on, but I'm still totally dazed. I'm seriously beginning to wonder how much longer middle America can hang on?! It's getting scary, folks!
                                BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X