Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just made the payment, 4 payments remaining

Phew. Alrighty then.
    Four more payments left then we are done ForEver, except of course the discharge and closing.
    In the meantime, "Steady as she goes".
    We are also keeping an eye out for a couple issues such as the furnace. The last two or three years we had trouble
    getting it started, after it had already been running. We had a couple crews come out, and they were able to 'jump start' it.
    The trouble may be, this sensor that appears to be heat-locked due to what, 28 years of heat cycling. A couple techs tried to remove it but suggested to leave it in; if it breaks, we need a new furnace. So, leave it be.
    We already have a quote that could use a refresh; it's a good price, not a gouge.
    We may get a couple more space heaters just in case; we reason, we could run them and keep the furnace at a lower temperature.
    If a space heater tanks, it's only like $70 or so.
    Take it easy folks.

I can't believe it's only 4 more payments. Seems like an eternity... as I've been there, done that. I even have the t-shirt which reads "Never again!"

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Zombie13, congratulations on the 4-to-go threshold, I was seriously chomping at the bit two years ago when I hit that point.

Regarding your furnace, what does a pellet stove cost in your neck of the woods, they're pretty reasonable here and pellets are really inexpensive here as well. I've been in a few homes here in New Hampshire which use them as a primary heat source and the homes are always quite warm, if anything, too warm for my body.
      Latent car nut.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        I can't believe it's only 4 more payments. Seems like an eternity... as I've been there, done that. I even have the t-shirt which reads "Never again!"
        I know right? Man.... I like the t-shirt! LOL!
        We have other tasks to complete once the bk is over, but bk completion is still a big one.

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post
          Zombie13, congratulations on the 4-to-go threshold, I was seriously chomping at the bit two years ago when I hit that point.

Regarding your furnace, what does a pellet stove cost in your neck of the woods, they're pretty reasonable here and pellets are really inexpensive here as well. I've been in a few homes here in New Hampshire which use them as a primary heat source and the homes are always quite warm, if anything, too warm for my body.
          Thanks man! It's a relief for a few reasons. No more filling out I&J forms as 'preparation for a battle', no more requesting letters, copies of xrays/other evidence, from medical/dental practitioners to support our arguments of ongoing expenses, etc. No more of "the trustee wants to know if barbisi is working so he can raise the payment", no more requests for tax returns and pay stubs (so they can raise the payment). No more hounding. No more haggling. No more negotiating. No more waiting and wondering.

Interesting; we will look into a pellet stove; worth investigating. I don't know how well one would go over in a home sale though.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie13 View Post

Thanks man! It's a relief for a few reasons. No more filling out I&J forms as 'preparation for a battle', no more requesting letters, copies of xrays/other evidence, from medical/dental practitioners to support our arguments of ongoing expenses, etc. No more of "the trustee wants to know if barbisi is working so he can raise the payment", no more requests for tax returns and pay stubs (so they can raise the payment). No more hounding. No more haggling. No more negotiating. No more waiting and wondering.
            Let me say as plainly as possible that your trustee sucks. I'll nominate him for the worst chapter 13 trustee in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post

Let me say as plainly as possible that your trustee sucks. I'll nominate him for the worst chapter 13 trustee in the country.
              HAHAHAHA thanks, I'll be sure to pass that along HAHAHA!

Comment

You are in the final countdown and that’s all the matters!! I’m so excited for you two !!
                Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

• Barbisi
                  Barbisi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sophieanne thank you for your chipper support!

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
                You are in the final countdown and that’s all the matters!! I’m so excited for you two !!
                Thank you sophieanne!

Comment

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post

Thank you flashoflight for recognizing something we knew from the beginning!
                  But I think it's more than just that -I think it has been that way from the moment we moved here ; nothing went right from the start and quickly went downhill - the first Colorado injury of more than a half-dozen happened three months after our arrival, my cat was blinded by a decrepit vet, I got lice for only the first time in my life, we dealt with two nightmarish landlords : one a shyster who beat us out of our deposit ,the other a psychotic ,whose own wife had a restraining order against him, we had a bad realtor and mortgage broker who sold us the bane of a house, my mother suddenly died from cancer, we were thrust in BK13 and I developed ongoing health conditions which required multiple cortisone shots and expensive ongoing PT treatments just to avoid more than one invasive operation and keep me upright and mobile while coping with stairs very day?
                  Is it any wonder I hate Craporado (err, I mean Colorado) with every breath and fiber of my being and all I want is to get out of here and escape so many bad memories? Wouldn't you?
                  Last edited by Barbisi; 10-03-2021, 03:27 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X