• Show
Clear All

• shipo
    replied
    Before:
    • Not filing sooner
    • Not taking my attorney's advice and buying a new car prior to filing
    During (related to the second item above):
    • Needing to buy a newer car in my 4th year; my car by then was 16 years old with nearly 200,000 miles on it; the car was mechanically sound, but it just rusted away.
    After:
    • Not taking my time doing research on how to rebuild my credit and instead, applying for new credit too soon.

Leave a comment:

• brokenurse
    replied
    Not filing sooner! We treaded water for so long and it was so unnecessary. We also were very fortunate during the whole plan, though it didn't feel like it in the beginning. We got bumped to a 100% plan about 2 years in and had very little left over once all the bills were paid, but the pandemic hit (curbed any extraneous spending we were doing) and then my husband got a pretty significant promotion, giving us a lot more room to breathe. Both of our cars also made it through relatively unscathed. Now I'm doing the excruciating wait for our discharge so we can finally move on with our lives.

Leave a comment:

• justbroke
    replied
    Before? Spending down my retirement and running up $120K in credit card debt to try to save property. During the process? Nothing... the process worked for me and I discharged over $1.2MM in debt.

Leave a comment:

• Thingshappen
    started a topic Biggest regret Chapter 13

Biggest regret Chapter 13

Hello. What would you say is or was your biggest regret or mistake made when going through the Chapter 13 process both:before filing and during the process? Thanks!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X