top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chase isn't Foreclosing and now FINALLY we know WHY!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase isn't Foreclosing and now FINALLY we know WHY!!!!!

i rec'd some rather shocking news yesterday, or i guess i could say more surprising than shocking. some of you, know a bit of our plight.

just to sum up the situation in a million words or less...we were smack in the middle of a loan mod with chase when we were served our summons for foreclosure. we had 30 days to answer or they were going to proceed. of course the loan officer working with us said oh don't listen to the summons and listen to me. no way, when we have a legal service presented to us, we called our atty and were advised if you plan to leave don't answer it and if you plan to stay, then do. since by that time we both lost our jobs and one of us was very ill and we were upwards in owing of 200k in medical expenses, we faced the truth about our situation and after over 30 years knew what we had to do. we vacated our house and relocated in another state, and that was over 4 years ago.

the house was on the market when we left, we left no trespassing signs, enter at your own risk signs, keep out signs since we knew in that state posting was important for liability reasons.

as with all the other houses on the market our house never sold. we were contacted by the realtor stating the bank after two weeks of our leaving secured the house, changed the locks put a sign on the door that the house had bee winterized. we were also advised that the bank was keeping on the heat and got word that during the spring the bank was cutting the lawn etc. also please note: the township we lived in there were and are no town or county ordinances nor any HOA involvement that requires one to maintain their lawn. actually, since we lived in such a rural area, it was not uncommon to see peoples front yards full of old cars etc.

these friends of ours decided to stop by and take a look at the house. but what they said they saw was NO HOUSE!!!!!!!!! NO DRIVEWAY....everything thing was covered over 25 feet high (this is what we were told) with growth or woods. this was a huge piece of property and according to them, one really cannot access it unless they bring some machetes!

they said they were scared (of snakes and critters) but ventured towards the house which was so difficult to get to that it took over 20 minutes to go just about 20 feet!!! they got to and looked in a window on the ground floor and saw trees growing in the house!!! they said the entire property is now swamp and the house is black with mold and smells damp. i find it surprising that some of the neighbors in the area haven't called the health dept. or someone. but we are out in the woods and maybe no one cares, i don't know. but what i do know is now i understand why chase is not trying to sell our old house!

the fences are all down, all the warning signs can't been found, although from what they said it doesn't matter because the property is so scary and full of growth it took all their might just to get close to a window! wow...

one of these people have been a construction project manager for over 30 years and said there is NO way to fix this house, none.

of course my question is what about access to the pool and the ponds and they said you can't even get 100 feet close to them!!! wow...

approx. 6 weeks ago we got a call from chase asking what are intentions were with the house. my question to them was what is it about the word surrender that you do not understand and the fact that we haven't lived there is over 4 years? oh, they said, we were just wondering???

i guess to be continued. or to be knocked down.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Incredible. Even they know the place is useless. Perhaps they are waiting for the land value to appreciate.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Well at least you know now. I've been meaning to offer to check it out for you.
      Crazy huh? what a waste.
      This information is not legal advice and does not establish attorney/client relationship. I do not guarantee that this post is accurate or complete. Please seek the advice of counsel licensed to practice in your state to answer legal questions.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        Incredible. Even they know the place is useless. Perhaps they are waiting for the land value to appreciate.
        jb, i'm not thinking that's going to happen since the more it floods the more the swamps are going to develop. OH!! i have it, maybe they are waiting for a lake to form so they can go fishing? LOL!

we also had leech field problems and then when a gasline came in they dug them up and then changed the entire water table. on TOP of that the town put a new curb into the road which caused water to directly come into our home. we actually during the spring would watch water gush out of the foundation which became cracked due to all the water flow. we lived with sub pumps for a few months yearly once the town made those changes. the house was becoming mold ridden, water damaged and we literally couldn't stay above water.

actually we found out at some point of all the problems we had during the years that that particular area never passed the water perk tests and no building should have ever been put up. however, we put in french drains actually put 100's of thousands of dollars through out the 30 years we owned the property. and, yet, we still tried to save the house we lived in for over 30 years.

now, we know losing our jobs and being pushed into filing bk was the biggest blessing we could have asked for.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by NJLawyer View Post
          Well at least you know now. I've been meaning to offer to check it out for you.
          Crazy huh? what a waste.
          shoot!!! wish i would have known. LOL!!

it was odd, we were thinking a few weeks ago about getting the old realtor we hired to sell the house, a few years ago, to have go back out to the house to make certain the signs were still visible. i guess this answered that question!

Comment

Wow, tobee, that is incredible! This probably is happening more and more too as the foreclosure situation continues on. I read that 11 million homes are underwater now and how many of these will be foreclosed on or people end up surrendering them?

We just moved in February and went by our old house two days ago. It too is rural with 3 acres that we kept mowed. Guess what? The bank has it for sale with a realtor but they are not keeping the property mowed, it looks awful. They just have a small area in front of the house and a small area behind that they are mowing. It just looks really run down. Plus it needs a new roof on the house and garage, new windows, plumbing work and on and on. Oh well, not our problem anymore.
            Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
            Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
            DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

well the thing about this home is it's REALLY UNDER REAL water!!! LOL!!!!!!!

i have pictures when we left it was in perfect condition in the house. perfect. so it was their choice. i know it was a big 4500 square foot home, but as i said we even polished the hardwood floors before we left! so it was their decision to let it all go, it was salvageable at the point when we left.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                well the thing about this home is it's REALLY UNDER REAL water!!! LOL!!!!!!!
                ROTFL!

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                I have pictures when we left it was in perfect condition in the house. perfect. so it was their choice. i know it was a big 4500 square foot home, but as i said we even polished the hardwood floors before we left! so it was their decision to let it all go, it was salvageable at the point when we left.
                It really is a shame that the bank let the house go. But, it does sound like a house never should have been built there. Maybe it's for the best that the land go back to the wild.
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I signed a Deed in Leiu last Dec/Jan. The house is listed for sale. Still at a higher price than what it was originally bought for, but for under the mortgage amount (refinanced to pay off cc debt and remodel the bathroom, which had a sinking tub at the time). It has been lowered even further 2 times since the listing.

I think that they will be able to sell the house, but it's going to take a while and they are going to have to lower the price even more as it does need quite a bit of work.

In the meantime, I don't think that they actually filed the Deed in Leiu. But since part of the Deed in Leiu was that I cannot go on the premises for any reason, I am off the hook. Funny thing is, they would probably have a better chance of selling the house if they actually mowed the lawn.

Comment

Wow!! This would be worth a trip back just to see for yourself and get the "after" photos.

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                      ROTFL!

It really is a shame that the bank let the house go. But, it does sound like a house never should have been built there. Maybe it's for the best that the land go back to the wild.
                      lady you are so correct. actually we were told that by one of the soil scientist we hired when we started having flooding problems. the land was on shale and it absorb water to begin with, and with the changes the town made and the gas-line hitting the leech fields we were doomed!

it was really "wild" land anyway. we had bear, and for a couple of years a coyote denned near the back pond area. the bear cubs would climb up my fruit trees and stripe them. i guess they can have them all now.
                      Last edited by tobee43; 05-20-2012, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
                        Wow!! This would be worth a trip back just to see for yourself and get the "after" photos.

Des.
                        des, i don't think i want to see it looking like that, although i'm so tempted!

helpmeout, i don't know which county you are or were in but we were WAY up north, so you probably know where i'm talking about. chase would have nothing to do with a DIL heaven knows i tried. i'm just interested to find out what the status of the deed will be if the place gets condemned by the health dept and gets torn down??

Comment

Where I live, it isn't rural. But there are flood zones in the area. In fact, on Rte 23 (which floods every time it floods), there were some businesses that didn't reopen after the flood last summer when we got what turned out to be a tropical storm. It just got too costly to keep repairing after each flood. In a town I used to work in, I remember driving by house that had water up to their roofs.

I think the society in general is stupid for building in flood zones.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
                            Where I live, it isn't rural. But there are flood zones in the area. In fact, on Rte 23 (which floods every time it floods), there were some businesses that didn't reopen after the flood last summer when we got what turned out to be a tropical storm. It just got too costly to keep repairing after each flood. In a town I used to work in, I remember driving by house that had water up to their roofs.

I think the society in general is stupid for building in flood zones.
                            i know exactly where you are taking about. that entire area gets flooded year after year. one time i was taking the back flats to get home from work and found my car all of a sudden surrounded by water filling and coming all around me. it was too late and i had to continue, i was so lucky the car didn't die. i looked around and saw 3 cars floating and people up on a small mound. i didn't want to shut off the car, but told them all to come in through the window if they could because i couldn't open the car doors the water was that high! i will never ever forget that experience. where we lived was mountains certainly not a low lining area that should have flooded. there is also the factor of the types of soil or lack of in that area where the water has no place to drain, unlike the shore area which is sandy loam. frankly, i don't understand why they allowed them to build there at all.

we lived off of 23 just way way way up there.

Comment

Since you haven't lived there in 4 years who is paying the taxes? With four years having gone by, here in Georgia there'd already be a tax lien purchased by someone.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X