Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Se Motion to Avoid Lien - Do I Serve Both Trustees? And Other Questions

I am preparing a motion to avoid a non-possessory, non-pmsi lien on some electronics for a loan that I had with Springleaf Financial (now OneMain). Besides serving it on the agent for service of process for the creditor, do I also serve it on both the Chapter 7 Trustee and the U.S. Trustee or just the Chapter 7 Trustee?

Since the original contract was with Springleaf, which has merged with OneMain and now goes by the name of OneMain Financial Services, Inc., do I need to provide some sort of documentation of the merger as an exhibit along with a copy of the original contract?

I have done a fair bit of research on creating the paperwork for this motion (Nolo book, pre-hearing dispositions in my district, and a couple of examples of successful motions to avoid liens of this same creditor off of PACER). Am I right in determining that the documents I will need to file will be the Motion, Notice of Motion, Declaration, Exhibit(s), Proposed Order, and Proof of Service?

Btw, the examples of successful motions that I found were both in Chapter 13's. Are there any key differences between drafting this kind of motion in Chapter 7 vs. 13 that I should be aware of?

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X