No announcement yet.

BKF new feature - Experience for points/levels/ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noted "JustBroke" stated he was number three on this board. Anyone who has been here for more than a week knows he is one of the best on this board we have. He needs no medals of honor, his work speaks for itself.
    exactly...and NOT difficult to figure out that jb is one of the BEST. there are such excellent people that are full of endless knowledge and skills to share on this site, and are so appreciated.

i know i'm "new" although was lurking for months upon months before making the dive into the waters of the forum. i'm certainly NOT sorry i did!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
      exactly...and NOT difficult to figure out that jb is one of the BEST. there are such excellent people that are full of endless knowledge and skills to share on this site, and are so appreciated.

i know i'm "new" although was lurking for months upon months before making the dive into the waters of the forum. i'm certainly NOT sorry i did!
      Exactly. Laz wants lurkers to sign up. I think he wants statistics. I don't want to be a statistic and I don't want to be rated. There are many who "attempt" to help others and are not very good at it. Should they be berated for their worthy attempt? No as when you help one, the best way you can, you learn, they learn and maybe a lurker learns. Who knows how many we have helped that are for whatever reason not wishing to join any forum. Now when joining there is a forced location you MUST give, the hole will soon be patched that allows giving a wrong or non existent state or location. I don't want people to know me unless I choose to tell them in PM.

I feel strongly about this and of course I am not the engineer of this train, only a passenger. The graph is unsightly and confusing. Until I really pizz Laz off, I won't quit this place but I personally will resent getting red, blue, silver, gold "awards" everytime one appears. I don't want to be looked up to as some god, nor do I want a member with less accolades not being taken serious by an OP due to the lack of 'tinsel' on their posting header. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

First of all, I'm only posting here because my "green" level is declining. There is nothing more critical in my life than keeping that green graph maxed out...

Well actually, I'm also only 7 points away from the coveted "red dot" for 5000 "experience" points. If I had more time I'd figure out how to get 7 points from just one post. Hey folks I love mom and apple pie, and Obama is a bum, and the bankers are all crooks. Does that get me any friends, damn I need a few friends here.

Seriously (or not) I was kind of supportive of the point system at first, when I thought it might prevent someone from playing the posts game by making 30 contentless posts/day. That has happened in the past (no one posting now btw, so don't take it personally.)

A few would check in every morning, scan all the new posts, and reply to every single one of them, no matter what the subject. The reply's would be in the "me too" or sympathy category. Or the approval post like: , no words just icons. Usually one line replies of the nature "I can't help you because I'm as clueless as you are, but I will be praying for you." I love that one.

However, I've changed my mind and agree with Cat. These ratings are mostly a distraction. In fact once I realized how complicated they are I'm thinking, is this going to effect how and what I post now? For example see the Experience tab and look at the categories:

http://www.bkforum.com/xperience.php?go=earn

Holy sh*t, that's a lot of factors. I don't even know what "tagging" is, which probably explains why I've got a zero for tagging. But I can earn points by populating my profile with pictures and personal information. Uhh, no thanks. Revealing my State is enough of a personal profile for me.

I do like the hyper-active award. There should be a prize for winning that one. A months supply of Chamomile tea perhaps, (or some good buds?).

Anyway just my opinion. I'll keep posting only when I've got something useful to add to a topic in most cases, and shut up otherwise. (This post being the exception.)

Last edited by WhatMoney; 09-24-2010, 04:57 PM. Reason: Hey I've reached 5000 just by breathing I see. OK why am I still green. :(
        “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

gotta love you WM!! i know your my favorite adversary... however, i think your worth a shot in the arm...after all we have exchanged not only words but pictures...and if you please note...i have wondrous thingys about my name...for reasons i have yet to begin to understand...

SO...where you been when this all hit the fan????
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

SO...where you been when this all hit the fan????
            Well, other than planning my award and achievement quests on this board, I've been busy installing new operating systems, new motherboards, and new video cards on my museum collection of computers. I was up most of the night struggling with a stubborn ATI HD4650 AGP driver.

BTW congratulations on winning the SPAM award. Thats a bowl of yellow Spam if you check out the award page graphic

Frequent Poster issued for tobee43 on 09-22-2010 08:27 AM.
            User likes to post
            And you are the one and only winner of the OverDrive achievement award. So double whoopees to you. But watch out, keep it up or you will lose it:

This Achievement can get lost if condition is not met anymore.
            [Overdrive] Overdrive
            Hyperactive! High! Activity!
            Users achieved this: 1 (0%)

Requirements:
            Activity = 100 (You have 11)
            I am shooting for the "Discussion Ender" Award:

Discussion Ender issued for lrprn on 09-22-2010 12:31 AM.
            I killed the most discussions!
            “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

I hate the awards and wonder if one could voluntarily check a box so others cannot see them. I am not here for awards and feel somewhat manipulated. I feel like I did when the credit card companies used to try to entice me to charge purchases so I could win award points. The whole thing makes my skin crawl. I love this site and am not leaving; just piping in with my opinion.
              Filed Chapter 7 on Friday the 13th!, 341 9/10/10 . TT's report of no distribution 9/13/10 DAMN STRAIGHT! Case Closed! 11/19/10 "Our long national nightmare is over".

Comment

Originally posted by WhatMoney View Post
                Well, other than planning my award and achievement quests on this board, I've been busy installing new operating systems, new motherboards, and new video cards on my museum collection of computers. I was up most of the night struggling with a stubborn ATI HD4650 AGP driver.

oh...ok so your computer was down! LOL! i'll pay a .5 to see your museum

BTW congratulations on winning the SPAM award. Thats a bowl of yellow Spam if you check out the award page graphic

thank you , i appreciate your support and understanding whilst i continue to spam my heart out.

And you are the one and only winner of the OverDrive achievement award. So double whoopees to you. But watch out, keep it up or you will lose it:

i lost it years ago...can't find it...most likely tomorrow won't even remember that i had it...so it won't matter.

I am shooting for the "Discussion Ender" Award:

i have tried....no luck as yet...there is NO button for that one!! LOL!!!

you are one funny person...i for one vote for you as president of the site revolutional committee of change for the betterment of computer and man/woman kinds.

now THAT's an award!!

Comment

oh and plus WhatMoney...remember you are anitsocial...i attemtped to be your friend...but you just don't want that little guy sitting close to your name! LOL!!!

Comment

Tobee43 and WhatMoney: I just love your chest full of medals. Next you will be qualified to be honor guard at Arlington.

I am working towards the best award of all................The middle finger award for pizzing LAZ off the most about my opinion of his "improvements". If you see me no more, I will probably have won it. LOL. 'Hub
                    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

You can't go Hub, since you hold the Community Award!
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I believe there should be an award on here for experienced posters who tell it like it is due to their knowledge and experience in the hopes that that advice will prevent issues and problems for the poster.

There should also be the Big Grin award for posters who make inexperienced, new filers happy and optimistic that it is not the end of the world and this too shall pass...AngelinaCatHub should have both.

Tell it like it is award sample -
                        Big Grin Award sample -

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                          You can't go Hub, since you hold the Community Award!
                          Yeah. I got that same award while my stay in mental therapy.

Thanks for the nice words Flamingo. Mrs. C never tells me that.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                            I believe there should be an award on here for experienced posters who tell it like it is due to their knowledge and experience in the hopes that that advice will prevent issues and problems for the poster.

There should also be the Big Grin award for posters who make inexperienced, new filers happy and optimistic that it is not the end of the world and this too shall pass...AngelinaCatHub should have both.

Tell it like it is award sample -
                            Big Grin Award sample -
                            D R U M ROLL PLEASE::::::::FLAMINGO has JUST Obtained the highly convented colorful...and of course prestigious...........

******THE LONGEST SENTENCE EVER DONE THAT MADE THE LEAST SENSE AWARD*****

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                              Tobee43 and WhatMoney: I just love your chest full of medals. Next you will be qualified to be honor guard at Arlington.

I am working towards the best award of all................The middle finger award for pizzing LAZ off the most about my opinion of his "improvements". If you see me no more, I will probably have won it. LOL. 'Hub
                              Hub....i worked my little fingers to the bones for those little thingys on MY chest...and i'll have you know that it was no easy task .....but NOW that you have mentioned the middle finger award..i best slow down to save that one little finger...just in case they want to use MY finger!! you think??

too much fun...on a site that helps with such a serious situation.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                                oh and plus WhatMoney...remember you are anitsocial...i attemtped to be your friend...but you just don't want that little guy sitting close to your name! LOL!!!
                                Ah, you already have too many friends. And besides, when a stranger approaches me and wants to be my friend he either wants to sell me something, or invite me to have a drink with him in this fabulous little corner bar...

But since friends are now worth chest medals and awards, I may change my mind.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X